Chapter 1

Niara Adams

I was getting ready for the ball arranged by my dad. He loves to arrange big parties kind of stuff . I never complained about it but today I don't want to attend it as I started a new novel about mafia and I was just immersed in it when my dad came and told me to get ready .

I left a sigh of frustration and started to do my make up . I heard my father yelling from behind the door. "Niara darling, the party is about to start . Are you done ?"

"Yes dad five more minutes" . I replied back with the same tone and pitch my dad used . I could hear him chuckling behind the door when a smile popped across my lips .

"Come down after you are done". He again uttered. I just hummed which is faintly audible to him as I was putting on my mascara which is a sticky wicket .

I took a final glance in the mirror ,checking my outfit and makeup. I blowed a chef's kiss and placed my hands on my pelvis . I again heard a knock on the door .

"Come in!" I spoke. I can hear the opening of the door and looked in that way and saw Jihoo entering . "You came?! , I thought you would never come" I enquired.

"I need to take a look at my Niara right?" He said play fully. " oh don't be so cheesy" . I hate it whenever he is so cheesy.

Jihoo is my childhood friend. Both our fathers are business partners. I was home tutored because my dad felt the outside world was dangerous. Jihoo was also home tutored with me . So he is the only friend I have , but he has more friends than me . He is a pure extrovert and very good at business. And me, an introvert who doesn't want to inherit there father's company and wealth. I'm an adrenaline junky. I like it when my life is full of surprises and adventures.

Slowly our friendship bond has changed. It changed into love and it grew stronger . He is the first one to confess . When he confessed I immediately called it a 'yes' as I was also prevailing with same feelings . We were dating since 2 years and it was also a secret from both of our parents.

I am still admiring myself in the mirror when he comes behind me and whispers "I got you something Niara" . I can feel the chills running down my body as he slid something cold near my neck . It's a pendent attached to a small string of chain . It has this bright red colour which is a perfect match for my dress .

I traced my fingers through the chain to the pendent. " It looks incredible, thank you Jihoo and love you" I said with contentment. "I love you too my princess". I smiled at his pronouncement .

"Come let's get down or else your dad is gonna screw up both of us" he said placing his hands on my shoulders and trying to move me . "Whatever" I uttered annoyed.

We made our way downstairs and the hall was crowded as hell. I was searching for my dad when Jihoo signaled me towards my dad. I mouthed a Thank you and turned my attention to my dad.

He was talking to a ambassador from USA . Maybe interrupting them might be a bad idea. I again turned back to check on Jihoo. He is with his father , talking and laughing while drinking a beer. No matter what type of party he is attending , he will never leave his beer alone.

I laughed at his beer and slowly traced my path towards his. As I was half way through, his father noticed my presence and gestured me towards them . Jihoo noticed his father's gesture and turned to see who it is . He smiled when he saw me.

"How are you Niara?" Mr Lim enquired. "I'm fine uncle Lim , how are you ?". "I'm fine dear, what are you doing these days?" . Okay that's the question I did not expect. "Umm , researching about a few topics" I answered hesitantly. "Ohh interesting, what are the topics?".

What should I answer. Should I tell him that I'm researching about mafia and stuff. How would he react to it. While I was searching for an answer , I heard jihoo speak "She is researching about the world crisis". Mr Lim nodded and "that's nice Niara , keep it up" . "Thanks uncle Lim" I breathed a sigh of relief. And his father went to have a conversation with someone.

I looked at jihoo and thanked him by signaling my eyes. He winked at me and that made a pool of heat form in my stomach. The small gestures he do always make me go insane.

"Let me guess , you don't want to be here right?" . I rolled my eyes and answered "obviously" . " okay let me take you to a place" he said grabbing my wrist. "Where are you taking me jihoo?" I said trying to keep up with him. "Umm, just our usual spot" he said giggling.

He lead me towards the stairs and straight to attic. The attic is a marvellous place. Most of the attic roof is covered with glass panels providing a sensational view of the sky. That is the only best place in this whole mansion. So I had a couch and mini fridge setup in the attic.

He opened the door slowly and shouted "surprise!!" . And there goes the set up . The couch  is filled with a lot of crisps and cool drinks. I smiled at him and "thank you jihoo" I cooed. "All for you majesty" he bowed . I playfully smacked his arm and dragged him toward the couch.

We made ourselves comfortable on the couch and looked at the sky. Stars filled the sky like pale corn into freshly turned ground. It was the promise of life in the darkness, a sense of warmth springing from the cold. I placed my head on his shoulder grabbing his hand into mine. He placed a kiss on my forehead and my eyelids grew heavy. I heard his phone buzz but that didn't keep me awake.

Bang chan

Everything is rummaged. Papers are scattered everywhere. My study table is upside down. The chairs are broken into pieces. A string of pain is erecting from my palm because of holding a piece of glass. The whole room noiseless except for my heavy breathing.

Droplets of crimson colour liquid are descending from my palm to the floor. My members must be terrified by my actions. No one dared to enter the room. Still the fury in me is not lost. I can feel the heat passing through my bloodstream.

Someone hacked into our system and leaked a confidential document about our future doings in the dark web. Now the information is on sale for a million dollars. Anyone from my rivals can buy it any second.

Our system is built with a very powerful software and only one virus can have access to our servers. That virus too is made by Changbin , means only people working for me has a idea about it. Who that is gonna be ,are in serious trouble. They are gonna experience slow and painful death. They are messing with the wrong person.

I dropped the glass piece and marched towards the door. With the bleeding hand I unlocked it. As I unlocked it I saw two figures in front of me. Leeknow and Changbin. There eyes scanned my body and landed on my hand . They gaze again shifted to my eyes "We have a clue who did that" changbin said , his voice deep.

A small smirk formed on my lips.

————————————————————————
To be continued
Thank you for reading 📖

Hello buddies. I'm back with a new fanfic. I hope you liked this one. In this fanfic Bang chan is a morally grey character. I made my brain work for hours to plan out the storyline and here I am. I mean not for hours but for some time 🤓.

If you are a new reader please check out my old fanfic too. I would be very grateful if you voted for this chapter.

You guys are doing great 👍🏻
Keep it up