Chapter 4

Niara Adams

Rain started pouring down. People ran for cover outside and umbrellas were opened as the clouds spat out their beads of water. Puddles began plinking as the rainfall became heavier. The roofs of the cars danced with spray and I could hear the murmuring of the rain through the window. It sounded like the buzzing of angry bees.

The tracker I threw in his car was an Apple AirTag, it might be active atleast for a while. Two days is enough for me to draw a sketch where he goes and track his daily movements. I'm in my room, sitting on my bed with a cup of hot chocolate. Jihoo sat across me, on a chair. His eyes constantly lingering over me. I couldn't even make eye contact with him. He sighed and started " They are my business rivals Niara" . I lifted my head and nodded to continue. "Their company had a huge impact due to my new product launch. And here they are, trying to take vengeance"

So jihoo is having death threats!! My eyes grew wide in horror. I didn't know that business has these many loop holes. "Jihoo please be careful, should we report this to the authorities?" . Isn't reporting to authorities might reduce the chance of the threats. Which company is giving threats to jihoo? He sat next to me and took my hand in his and gave it a squeeze. "Niara you don't worry about me, I'll take care of everything. Okay?" . The burning sensation in the back of my eyes increased.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and buried my head into his chest. He pulled me in closer and started to say sweet words. "Never get into these fights Niara, promise me" He commanded at once with his voice sharp and stern. "Okay, I won't" but I did, I'm sorry jihoo. I repeated that to myself.

He backed off and kissed my hand. "Okay I should leave now, take care Niara". I nodded and he headed towards the door. He gave me one glance before opening the door. I smiled and waved, a small grin appeared on his face and in the next blink he is out of my sight. My thoughts drifted to the tattoo. Did the company hire someone from mafia to do this job? Is he really mafia? I will find out on my own.

I got downstairs to keep the dirty cup and I saw Gloria in the kitchen preparing lunch. I kept the cup in the sink and got onto the kitchen island, crossing my legs. "What are doing Gloria?" . She didn't even spare me a glance and responded "Chicken soup" . She never gives me one word answer, except when she is angry with me. My mind acted in autopilot and few words escaped my mouth. "Im sorry about last night" she might be angry about it, but it's not my fault too. I didn't know I went into such a deep slumber. She might be thinking I had been doing drugs.

She finally looked at me and sighed "If I should accept your apology, you should tell me why you had drunk so much" . Wait?! What? I'm drunk yesterday? I didn't even had a chance to drink. "What did I do yesterday night?" I asked her. She gave me a glare and started "You were giggling and crying at the same time, mumbling something about your mom and jihoo" her eyes narrowed "you don't remember it, do you?" .

I took a deep breath and answered "I don't" . "It's okay, I forgive you for now—but don't repeat it" .

"Okay I won't" . What the actual fuck happened right now? I'm drunk? Is this a joke. Something's off. I need to find out. Jihoo is the only person that was with me, I'll enquire him.

"Did you have anything?" Gloria asked.
"No I didn't". My tummy hurts with hunger.
"Come I will give you something to eat"

I nodded.

Bang chan

I pulled up in my driveway and got out of the car, throwing the keys to the guard nearby. The doors opened wide as I walked into the house. My foot steps hard, punishing the floor. Number of black and white crystals hanging from the top of the ceiling between two grand stair case leading to the second floor. I took one of them, covering two steps in one stride.