Chapter 8

Bang chan

The door opens beside me. My body becomes stiff. Am I nervous? She steps out closing the door behind. I took a minute to have a good look at her figure. She is turning back! My reflexes work and in a second I pull out of a knife out of the strap attached to my thigh. I immediately place it on her neck. "Shhh..." I say. My nose fills with her creamy cologne. She became still. Her shoulders tense. Her breath hitched and she mumbled something—that I couldn't hear either.

I tilt my head, pressing my mouth on her earlobe. "You know me" I say with my husky voice. She doesn't give any reaction but her shoulders relax. My brows pull together at her actions. What's with this girl? She is pissing me! "Aren't you scared" I growl out. "Why would I?" She asks. She got some attitude there. A nerve throbs in my neck. My patience runs thin. "About the tracker..." I inhale a breath and continue "what do you want from me?" She doesn't answer but tries to move the knife away from her throat. I don't let her and press it hard on her neck. She winces but recovers.

I move dangerously close to her—engulfing her in my body. I inhale the sweet,dreamy scent of hers—but something in me feels that she has another side of her—a dark one. She shudders under my touch. A smirk automatically embraces my mouth. "Look little one, I don't have all the time on this planet, so make it fast" I grit out. She takes a deep breath and looks over to me from her shoulder, "I wanna be a member". I rub my temple with my thumb and fore finger. Is she crazy? What does she think about herself? She has to leave everything behind her. She needs to get rid of her light and enter into the darkness.

I scoff at her statement "seriously!? You little one want to be a mafia, do you know what sacrifices, you have to do to become a mafia"

She doesn't answer me. But she fidgets with her fingers. A layer of droplets form on her forehead and a drop glides down her neck. I feel myself gulping at the sight. I clear my throat. "I will do anything to become mafia" she says. "Why?" I ask—my voice soft, filled with concern. What the fuck am I asking!? "I had enough in this world of light which pretends like light but it just a black hole of darkness. In the mafia at least the light won't lie" a flash of amusement struck me at her words. She thought so deep.

"I think adding her is not a bad idea, we can use her" I hear a voice from my ear piece. Lee know. I roll my eyes internally and gives the ear piece a tap. He's keeping tabs on me. "I don't think you have any special skills like shooting, fighting. So it can't be possible" I say smirking. In a second before I can comprehend she grabs my hand which is holding knife to her throat and drops me on the ground and places the knife on my throat. What is she?. I glare at her. She plastered a shabby grin and chuckled. "Niara..." I growl. Her grip loosens and a glint of...something flashes through her eyes.

My eyes land on her pendent. The red pendent. I scrunch my eyebrows at it. Why is she wearing it? Before she gains any credibility , I lance on her switching our places. Now she is under me. I let a dark chuckle and stares into her eyes. Her face turned red with fury. "Why do you have that pendent?" I ask.

"What do mean by 'this', is it yours?". I shake my head in disbelief and "do you even know that it is a tracker?" I ask. Her eyes widen. She stops struggling. She gulps hard. Her eyes glisten, wait is she crying?!.

Niara Adams

What! This pendent is a tracker? This is the reason why jihoo gifted it to me—to keep tabs on me. I feel like drowning with betrayal. I never knew he is this type. Fuck him. Before the tears erupt from my eyes, I inhale sharply "what else can this pendant do" I ask. He moves the knife to the chain and drags it up. He observes the pendent leaning in and our faces are about a few inches away. My spine tingles and I jerk a bit. He goes away taking his spicy and minty smell with him. Why does he smell so good? "It can also act like a drug" my mouth opens and I stare at him with horror.

"It releases a gas with a click on its remote control and it releases very little amount which can make the person wearing it become drunk or sometimes faint" I let out a gasp at his statement. Now by connecting two and two together—I know!!. He is the reason I acted drunk that night. Why did he do that! Why did he do that to me? Why!? A pang of pain fills my chest, travelling up to my throat. My emotions break free and i tear up. I cover my eyes with my palms and sob out. My heart feels heavy.

A warm hand aligned with metals is placed on my cheek. My body stills at the warmth. I take my hands off my eyes and they immediately connects with a hollow and dark ones. I stare into them—boring into, searching for some light. No, only dark and emptiness. I observe his face. It is like a rock without any emotions. I move on to his lips. "Who gave it to you!?" his dark growl interrupted me. I swallow the lump in my throat and answer "My friend Jihoo, the person you threatened" he tilts his head and leans in.

Our noses collide and a spark ingnited in me. My face turns red and I bury myself deep in the carpeted floor, but no use. He drags his hand down to my neck and presses his finger on my pulse. It is definitely beating erratically. I shudder—I hate the effect he has on my body. He smirks and "do you really want to join the mafia?" He whispers—his hot breath fanning my face. "N-o..yes!" I stutter. Why did I stutter, idiot! Act tough. Ohh you can't, you just cried. My inner voice explained. Uhh.. why did I let my emotions control me?! Stupid me! "Yes or no?" He asks his voice impatient. "Yes!"

He gets off me and I slowly get on my elbows and stand up. He tears a sticky note from my desk and writes something on it. I stand on my toes and peer in, to see what he is writing. He finishes writing and I return to my feet. His eyes scan my body. I shift uncomfortably. "I gave you the address be there at 10 tomorrow night" I nod and he moves towards the window. Without hesitation he grabs a rope and slides down. I run and peep outside. Nothing only darkness. Like that he is gone.

I place my hand on my chest and try to calm it. What the heck had just happened? What have I gotten myself. My mind went numb at my statement. The only excuse I got in my mind when he asked me why is 'I want to be a member' . I couldn't think straight. I hope I can find a way out. I need some rest, my skin felt like it is on fire. "Niara...what have you gotten into yourself" I release a deep sigh.

My hand shakes and it reaches out for my pendant. It felt like it is having a choke hold on my throat. I trace it with my forefinger and fisted the chain in my hand. I lung on it and breaked it free from my neck. Without any hesitation I threw it out of the window. I pant laying my hands on the window frame. I ignore the pain in my chest and take a deep breath. Let's see how it goes.

————————————————————————
To be continued
Thank you for reading 📖

Hello buddies. I know I disappeared for a week. He he he. It is hard managing both this and studies. I have an economic test tomorrow and still I'm not prepared properly. I will sit down and start doing that. I hoped you like this chapter. And please don't forget to vote as that helps me a lot.

You guys are doing great 👍🏻
Keep it up