Chapter 11

Bang chan

I look at her as she slowly walks nearing me. My eyes land on her wound. She doesn't even care about it. What is she? As soon as she walks over to me I bend on my knees, eyeing the injury closely. Grabbing her thigh gently, her breath hitches. Her palms form into fists. A smirk plays on my lips at how much I affect her. "Does it hurt?" I ask with a straight face meeting her brown orbs. Her eyes softens "It is not that painful as I thought, but yeah it hurts a bit". I just hum and examine the wound once again.

The cut is not that deep but it sure needs few stitches. "It needs few stitches". Her eyes shift to the wound worriedly. "Just a two or three, it had cut through a bit deep in a spot" I answer. She breaths a sigh of relief. "Are you sure you can walk?" I ask. When did I even become so soft? That came out before I processed. "Of course I can walk! It's not that painful" she says stressing 'that' and doing a awkward laugh. I say nothing and starts walking. She follows my path.

"So...what do you want to talk about?". "I want to have some explanation from you" I say turning towards her. Her eyebrows pull together in confusion. "What do you mean by explanation?" .

"Why do you want to join my mafia?". I ask not giving her a moment. When I went to her house, I saw her wearing the tracker. I had my suspicions up then. But it increased more after her performance in the test. She can fight and aim very well. Her eyes glide across the muddy ground. Nervous.

I keep my guard up as I was ready to take my gun out, if she pull's something off. She lifts her eyes meeting mine. "I want to kill someone" she answers without hesitation. No emotions on display. "Interesting...tell me more". She takes in deep breath. Her eyes battles with the surroundings as if they are hurting her. I don't know why but no other thing in the world had attracted me than her. My aim when I went to her house was to assassin her. After all the other mafias know me for my ruthless and evil deeds. How do you think I established a vast empire all over the country. Something in me lightened up that night. I couldn't kill her, instead I had paved a path for her into the mafia. Nor was I , my members also were shocked by my own actions.

My patience is breaking into pieces one by one. I can understand it is hard to open up, but I'm not a waiting kinda guy. Anything straightforward. Her chest heaves and rage fills her eyes. Her eyes snap to mine. "My mom..she was killed". That wasn't there in the database. Questions raise about how her mother was killed in my mind. "Details" I growl.

"When I was six, my mother and I were alone at our home." She gulps and closes her eyes as if she can see that moment right now. "I was sleeping when I heard some shattering sounds downstairs...."

Flashback :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Niara Adams

I look over the clock on my ocean blue coloured  wall. It is 11:30pm. The shattering sounds could be heard from downstairs. They are muffled. A thunder slashes through the sky, spiking my heart rate. I get off from my bed wincing when my legs touch the cold floor. I immediately wear my night socks. The shattering continues. Tiny droplets of sweat form on my forehead. I slowly walks towards the door and place my palm on the handle. Another thunder bolts and the rain dribbles on the glass window. I froze for a few seconds when the shattering stops. "Mom?" I mumble through the door.

No answer. "Mom?!" I say raising my voice. As the downpour of the clouds increases. I glance around in fear. The room is dimly illuminated. Without a second thought I flip the door handle and exit the room. The whole mansion is silent as if there is no life anymore.

I slowly pad my way through the hallway and to the grand staircase. My steps come to halt at the first stair. The hair on the back of my neck rises. A thunder lights up the whole room. Blood, all I see is blood! My eyes widens at the ground with a pool full of blood. And middles lies someone. My breath hitches as tears flow down my cheeks. Horror fills my mind. "Mama!" I scream as I pace down the stairs.