04 | RUN, FORREST, RUN!

*ੈ✩‧₊˚𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥: 𝗥𝗨𝗡, 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗧, 𝗥𝗨𝗡!

"𝐈 𝐌𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐓 𝐌𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐁𝐄 𝐌𝐄."

"Y/N, no," Leorio countered, releasing an exasperated sigh.

You ignored him. "Y/N, yes."

Sending you an unimpressed stare, Leorio resembled the look Kaigaku would often give you whenever you tapped out after one round of sparring with him. The infamous you better be joking look was a familiar expression ingrained into your memory ever since Gramps had taken you in under his wing.

You and Leorio were next to each other, now dubbed 'running buddies' since Kurapika had drifted further into the crowd. Gon was too busy zoning out and admiring his surroundings a couple of metres behind you. 

Having the spec-wearing male beside you was reassuring. He always wordlessly grounded you, which was nice because you were worried that you would end up straying from the group or drowning in your never-ending anxiety spirals.

Despite Leorio's stubbornness and outlandish behaviour, his sound waves were always genuine, no matter the circumstance. You admired that a lot about him. 

Cause, sure, he was often, at times, too extroverted for anyone to handle, but he made up for it with his kindness and unwavering support.

Leorio's shifted over to you. "You sure are doing relatively well for someone who complains a lot. I thought you said you hated running?"

"I do hate running," you clarified, "I never said I was bad at it, though."

Stumbling on giving a response, Leorio's forehead visibly tensed. "So you're just naturally gifted, is that it?"

"Who me? No, way," you blatantly denied, "this is all thanks to my training with Gramps."

"Gramps this, gramps that! What kind of old geezer is he anyway?" Leorio disparaged, simultaneously balling up his fists.

You tilted your head obliviously. "A former Hashira?"

"A Hashi-What?"

You shook your head. "No, a Hashira."

"Hashi-Huh?"

Pinching the bridge of your nose, your lips pressed together. "LISTEN HERE, YOU FUCKING IDIOT-

An abrupt presence alerts you right before you can finish your sentence, making your body shudder and cringe uncomfortably for a split second. 

What the hell? I didn't hear a single thing. That's super weird.

Snapping out of your thoughts, you took a peep and noticed a particular figure who was near the front of the applicants. 

Oh, an old man? OOPS, NOPE, THAT'S NOT AN OLD MAN.