Chapter 4

Arthur's Pov
She was covered in scars, her whole body looked broken from inside to outside. She is scared of me, seeing her body because I can see it in her eyes and she is shaking a little maybe from fear or maybe from anger that is directed towards me, but she has to take a shower so I had no choice to force her inside the washroom. After bickering for a little while, she finally undressed completely naked and I immediately turned around so that I can't see her, heat was rising up my neck to my face, why is it so hot in here. She sat in the bathtub thank goodness, now that her body is inside the water I turned around and slowly, carefully walked towards her and started massaging her from behind.

Her body feels soft and small against my rough and large hands. At first she was stiff but now she is starting to get comfortable as her body started to relax under my touch and after a minute or so I could hear her slow breaths. I could feel her scars against my hands. My heart sank because of what I have done. It's because of me that she is like this.

As I started to wash her hair, I heard her murmuring something, then she started to shake as if having a panic attack, shit she is having an attack. I immediately brought a towel and wrapped it around her. I carried her to the room. She is still not calm.
I called Ryan as soon as I put her down.

15 minutes later
"Is she inside?" Ryan asked, I nodded and he rushed in the room. A couple of minutes later he came outside.
"I gave her sedative to calm her down she'll be alright. Stay beside her, don't leave her alone" He assured, I released my breath which I didn't know I was holding. "What happened, I thought she was recovering well?" I asked."Dude, she is recovering but that doesn't mean that she won't have these attacks or something and I think her nightmares about past are triggering them. She needs to get it together because if she doesn't, she will be facing severe consequences, she might even be so traumatized that she might kill herself." He said.

Nothing came out of my mouth, I couldn't form words. She is going to die right in front of me. I won't be able to forgive myself for a lifetime if that happens.

Cara's Pov
I woke up and feeling better but I was still a little dizzy. I think I slept for a half a day, I guess it's 3'o clock right now.

I heard footsteps and the girl from before barged inside with bags like a lot of bags. "Hiiii you are awake. I am Layla and I wanted to check on you if you are fine or not." She said in a rather cheerful voice.

"I am better now and hi I am Cara" I said but still not convinced that whether she is genuinely worried or faking it. "Great then we are going to try these on" she said pointing towards the bags she is holding in the other hand. I blinked unable to decipher her words but after a few seconds it hit me. What the hell. Is crazy or something because I don't think you are supposed to do this shit around a patient. I thought and my eyes wide as she immediately took out a around 7 to 8 dresses and ran towards me excited. "Try these on ok I'll be waiting here. There is a changing room over there." She pointed behind me and that's when I noticed that there was actually a small door there which I didn't see earlier. But still I am not doing it, "Look I don't know what you are thinking Layla but I am not doing it. I am trapped in here you get it, that friend of yours Arthur is keeping me here like a prisoner. I don't even know who you are.Do you think I am going to do what you want, no that's not happening once I recover I'll be out." I told her and my breathing starting to get uneven.
She took a step back and stared at me before sighing.

"Cara....I am sorry for being like this. I don't know what happened between you and Arthur. But I just want to be friends with you, it's the very first time that Arthur brought a girl home. I just want you to feel comfortable. And you don't have to worry about someone hurting you here." She said. Lies all of it. And the feeling of becoming friends was not at all mutual from my side. But something inside me wants to believe the lies. Something is stirring inside me a feeling of warmth and of being cared, which were very foreign to me. I must've been quite for a long time because Layla sighed and started to leave but before I could think of anything words slipped out of my mouth "I'll try these on wait here."

All I saw in her eyes was hope. "Sooo.... friends!!" She said excitedly while giggling. "I never said that!" I said that before rushing inside the changing room.

"We are going to work on that too Cara." I heard her.
I have nearly tried all of them but she is still not satisfied. Only one more dress is left. It's a light colour of purple and a lavender is printed on it near the chest. I come out of the room, my head down as I was embarrassed to wear such clothes which I never wore for as long as I can remember. "Look this is the last one for today I am really tired and- " before I could finish my words she gasped. I looked up towards her but she wasn't alone. He was with her and he was staring at me. "OMG...you look so good. This is it purple is your colour Cara trust me! Don't you think Arthur. Isn't she gorgeous" She said while jabbing Arthur. "Huh..ah right yeah she looks good, I'll go downstairs, dinner is ready if you are done here join us and if you want your dinner here only, let me know." He said and immediately rushed out before I could even answer the question about dinner.

"Looks like you'll be joining us for dinner. And please keep it on this dress suits you perfectly." She said before heading out.

For the first time I am feeling good about myself and for the first time I smiled. Genuinely.