Chapter 6

Cara's Pov
"I will fight you." I said rage filled my eyes. He stared at me for a moment and then said "We both know it that I am not going to fight you Cara. Don't even try to make me plus I hate repeating myself, so go and get some rest." And he returned to do some paperwork. God why is he such a jerk. I was loosing my patience with him.

"Listen Arthur, I want to know where I am lacking so that I can work on it. I can't sit idly while the monsters who did this to me are roaming freely, enjoying their lives and maybe ruining someone else's." I said narrowing my eyes and making it evident of whom I'm talking about.

"So while I am asking you nicely, agree to it and if you are still not convinced then....I guess I will have to leave this house." I threatened knowing damn well that this trick will work on him. His eyes twitched a little."Fine, but if you get hurt or anything don't blame me." He warned as he stared down at me very intently.

"Umm...guys do you mind if I can go because I don't want to be involved in this and I gotta work to do then deal with the kid's fight." Layla said while interrupting and pointing her index finger towards the exit. "Go on." Arthur said without breaking the eye contact.

After Layla exited the room, we made our way to the gym that was on the first floor. I immediately took my stance and attacked first trying to land a punch, without giving any warning. But to my surprise, he grabbed my hand swiftly kneeing me on the gut and before I could make his next move, I was on the ground trying to catch my breath. Another kick landed on my stomach, my vision blurred for awhile and all I could see were some black spots in front of my eyes. This happened for 5 to 6 min and then he grabbed me by my shoulder and lifted me up and there it was the final blow that came crashing right on my face which was already swollen due to the continuous kicks and my lacking defense against it. I landed on my back and it was hurting really badly now. Before I even stood up, everything went black.

10 minutes later
I opened my eyes, my vision still not proper. Shit I blacked out. I tried to stand but the pain sliced through my stomach and other body parts. I was feeling every negative emotion that any human could possibly experience. I couldn't even touch him let alone fight him properly. He was standing just a few feet away from me, mocking me while wearing that expression of pity and literal disgust on his face.

After a few tries, I stood up finally touching my face I winced, this is going to bruise pretty badly. Anger boiling inside me and before I could think of anything I screamed "Fuck you, bastard."

"Gladly." He said while closing the distance between us and slamming me against the wall with his right hand, grabbing my neck tightly barely leaving any room to breathe and I could slowly feel my face turning red due to the rushed flow of blood. The only sound in the room was of me struggling to loosen his grip, but then he suddenly loosened the grip and before I could breath or do anything he grabbed my hair jerking me up and I was forced to look into those whiskey eyes, and I could see it in his eyes how he was holding back the urge to break me in every possible way. He then grabbed my waist with the other hand and came closer drawing my attention back to him from his eyes, he tilted his head and whispered."You gotta do better than this to fuck me, buttercup."

Then he backed off and exited the gym. I was left panting there with his words echoing inside my head.
"Oh my god, Cara are you okay Jesus looks like I am a little late." Layla rushed towards me. "Don't you have work Layla.... I thought you were not interested in the kid's fight." I said while trying to tease her. "Shut up I brought Ryan with me so that you will be immediately taken care because I knew this would happen." She said while examining my whole body. Looks like she also thought that I was going to be beaten up. I thought as I laughed a little about the situation I am in and how weak I am. I couldn't take the pain anymore so I closed my eyes to rest for awhile.

I woke up after what felt like a really long time and saw Ryan checking my vital and writing something down. He noticed that I was awake and came near me."Do you have any idea Cara how rash this decision was and how you could've been injured like really badly." He said angrily. I could literally see fumes coming out of his nostrils.

I looked down to avoid his eyes which showed concern, fear and anger all at the same time. He used my name instead of Ms. Louise for the first time.
"I am sorry Ryan but I didn't know how to test my skills otherwise and you kno-" He cut me off "And what if you died? Tell me?"

The idea of dying was like an everyday routine for me before I came here so it wasn't a big deal, but I don't know why I am somehow feeling scared of dying now. Ryan noticed the slight fear in my eyes, he sighed and came closer but still kept a decent distance between us. He the said in a soft voice "I am sorry Cara I lost my calm that was very unprofessional of me, look I don't want to lose a life again, so I will try my best to help you recover. Let's do it the slower way, easy and steady ok how about this I will help you become strong."

It took me a second to realize what he meant by saying that and my eyes widened.

"Let me help you fight, let me be your knight, Cara."  He said while his eyes showed determination.