Chapter Eighteen: Carrie!!

I just wanted to scream my lungs out. I really did because my parents are no longer here with me. I just couldn't focus on anything else. I wanted to punch something or someone. I just can't deal with all of this. I need to blow off some steam.

I ran and ran until my legs gave out. When I sat down, I saw Charlie and Charlie saw me. He came my way.

Charlie: Hey!!

Me: Hi!!

Charlie: How are you??

Me: I'm okay.

Charlie: That's good. How's life outside of school??

Me: It's been good!!

Charlie: Good!!!

Me: Yeah!! So, What are you doing here??

Charlie: Running. And you??

Me: Me too!! And when do you run??

Charlie: I can ask you the same thing!!

Me: Well, I wanted to blow off some steam.

Charlie: Me too so I understand the feeling.

Me: Why are YOU blowing off steam??

Charlie: Because my family is toxic. What's your excuse?

Me: My dad's dead and my mom is in jail for his murder.

Charlie: Oh crap!!! Really??

Me: Yup!!

Charlie: I'm so sorry.

Me: It's okay.

Charlie: How are you doing??

Me: I'm okay.

Charlie: Are you sure??

Me: Yes, I am. Thank you for asking.

Charlie: Anytime!! If you want to talk about it or anything at all, you can come to me.

Me: Good to know.

Charlie: Well, good to see you.

Me: Good to see you too.

I have gotten so happy to see him. I wanted to go after him but at the same time, I didn't want to seem clingy. So, I watched him go. I got so sad that he left but happy because he stopped to talk to me. Maybe life, parent free is nice. I don't have to live under their shadows anymore. It's nice to do what I want. Really!!

*****

When I got home, Amara was right there waiting for me.

Me: What are you doing here??

Amara: I missed you.

Me: No you don't.

Amara: Yes, I do.

Me: What game are you playing??

Amara: I'm not playing a game.

Me: Yeah, sure.

Amara: No!! I'm sure!!!

I don't trust her at all but what I did next is very stupid of me. Just stay for this ride.

Me: Okay?? Do you want to come in??

Amara: Of course!!

*They both walk in.

*Carrie closes the front door and locks it.

Amara: Wow, nothing has changed.

Me: Yeah well, I haven't had the time to redecorate.

Amara: Oh my!! Really??

Me: Yeah. Testing out of school and then the tour.

Amara: The tour. Right.

Me: Yeah and don't be salty because I am just way more talented than you are.

Amara: Yup, you're right and I just realized that now.

(In Carrie's thoughts)

What game is she playing right now?? If she is, I can't let her know that I'm onto her so I got to go along with this until she wants what she came here to get.

(End of thoughts)

Me: Yeah and I'm sorry that I took the fame away from you but I can't help that I'm so talented.

Amara: I must admit, it hurts me a little bit that you are more popular then I am now but I just got to accept that.

You see, this is why I don't trust her because once I trust her and tell everything again, she'll use it against me.

Me: Yeah. I didn't know why you always liked being in the center of the attention but now I like how it feels.

Amara: Yeah, I bet you do.

Me: Yeah.

Amara: So, how are you doing??

Me: Good and you??

Amara: Good, I guess.

Me: What's wrong??

Amara: Nothing.

Me: Are you sure??

Amara: Yeah.

Me: Okay.

I know that she wanted me to ask one more time but I wasn't going to because I know that she's playing me right now. I just want to know why she is doing this??

Me: What do you want??

Amara: What do you mean??

Me: You are out to get me from the day we stopped being friends so, what do you want??

Amara: Nothing!! Can't I just hang with my new old bestie??

Me: Get out!!

Amara: What!!

Me: I said.... GET OUT!!!

Amara: Why??

Me: Because I know you want something from me and I don't want you here to get it.

Amara: FINE!!! I'll leave but, I'll get you. I'll make sure to get you hell!!

Me: Bring it!!

Amara: UGH!!! *she says as she walks away

I knew that she wanted something from me. I just need to step up my game to make sure she doesn't beat me. I don't know how. I'm going to do this but I'm going to figure it out. I am.

What will Carrie find?? What are Amara's plans?? What will happen with Charlie and Carrie's relationship?? Find out in the upcoming chapters.