Please Don't Woe

Wednesday stood outside the shed, rain pouring down around her. Her knuckles were white as she clutched the handle of her umbrella, hesitant to knock on the door. She couldn't help but wonder if Heather was inside with him, and the thought was almost enough to make her turn her heels and leave. After what felt like an eternity, she finally mustered the courage to knock. Xavier answered a moment later.

He looked beautiful.

Her gaze lingered on his face, drinking in the sharp angles of his features, accentuated by a pair of dark crescents beneath his green eyes. The effect was almost vampiric, casting an otherworldly beauty over his already striking bone structure.

The two stood frozen, their eyes locked in a gaze that lasted longer than intended. As the silence stretched on, Xavier's awareness shifted to the awkwardness of the moment, and he finally remembered to step aside, granting Wednesday entry.

"Wednesday. To what do I owe this visit?"

"Thunderstorms are my type of weather."

Wednesday replied, closing her black umbrella. Xavier nodded in agreement,

"I had a feeling you weren't the type to go for sunshine and rainbows." He quipped.

A ghost of a smile curved her lips as the teasing banter drew a hint of amusement from her. Wednesday missed those sweet moments they had shared.

"Am I mistaken or are you actually smiling?" He remarked, noticing the minute change in her expression.

"It's a rare occurrence," Wednesday replied dryly.

"But I must admit, thunderstorms have a way of bringing out the best in me."
Xavier chuckled.

"I can imagine. You strike me as the kind of person who finds beauty in complete chaos."

Wednesday raised an eyebrow.

"Was that a compliment or an insult?"

"Definitely a compliment," he said with a grin.

"It takes a special kind of person to appreciate the power and unpredictability of a thunderstorm."

"Well, I suppose I am that kind of person," Wednesday conceded.

"Although, I don't think I'd go as far as saying it brings a smile to my face."

Xavier shrugged, unfazed.
"To each their own. But I have to say, seeing you enjoy something so passionately is a rare sight."

Wednesday's cheeks flushed slightly at the comment, and she looked away to hide her reaction. Xavier was doing that thing again, making it impossible to tame her heartbeat.

The silence that followed was palpable, charged with the electricity of their unspoken attraction. Every breath felt heavy as they stood there, each acutely aware of the other's presence.

Wednesday took a deep breath and spoke softly, breaking the silence.

"There's... someone who's been on my mind lately, someone who holds a very dear place in my heart. I miss him terribly, and it's been affecting me for quite some time. To be honest, it seems like this infatuation is chronic."

As she spoke, her gaze darted toward Xavier, silently pleading for him to understand. To her dismay, she saw undisguised pain in his eyes.

Confused, Xavier finally spoke up, his voice laced with anguish.

"May I ask you why you're really here, Wednesday? To torture me? If that's what you're aiming at, you've already succeeded."

In that moment, Wednesday realized that Xavier had tragically misunderstood her intentions. He must have assumed that she was pining for Tyler when, in reality, it had always been Xavier that she was longing for. He was the only one who truly held her heart.

How could he be so stupid?

Wednesday recomposed herself before answering, and her demeanor shifted from one of vulnerability to one of steely resolve.

"The location is fairly secluded for my privacy which I value. You mustn't forget that my roommate is the self-proclaimed 'gossip queen'. And Thing-"

"You know that's not what I meant."

"Are you truly that oblivious? Can't you see how infatuated I am? I ache for you, Xavier. It hurts and I don't know how to make it stop."

Xavier stood there, stunned and speechless as those words hung in the air between them. He took a step towards Wednesday, but she pushed past him and ran into the pouring rain outside.