Woe is She?

Wednesday Addams pushed open the door to the Weathervane, the wind chimes tingling. As she stepped inside, the familiar scent of coffee and pastries filled her nostrils. Scanning the room, her sharp eyes settled on Xavier Thorpe, who was seated alone in a nearby booth and engrossed in his phone.

Rather than placing an order for her usual quad-on-ice, Wednesday approached him. Xavier looked up, an expression of pleasant surprise lighting up his face.

"Wednesday,"

He seemed genuinely pleased to see her, the dimples on his cheeks were solid evidence. Without a word, Wednesday sat down across from him. But before she could exchange a greeting, a throat-clearing cough interrupted them.

It was a girl, holding two mugs of steaming coffee. She was tall and strikingly pretty, with a slender figure and big blue eyes. Her hair was black and cascading down her back in waves. Wednesday stood up abruptly, regarding the intruder with naked contempt.

"Xavi, you didn't tell me we had company. I thought it was just the two of us," The girl simpered, batting her eyelashes while addressing Xavier. Wednesday bristled in revulsion at the nickname.

Xavi. How dare she call him that.

Sensing the palpable hostility between the two girls, Xavier tried to diffuse the situation by hurriedly introducing them to each other.

"Wednesday, I'd like you to meet Heather. Heather, this is my friend Wednesday."

Heather blinked her big blue eyes.

"Wednesday? What an unusual name! So glad to meet you!"

She exclaimed, her tone dripping with false sincerity. Wednesday toyed with the idea of knocking over the piping hot beverage on the whiner's smug face, a hint of a smile playing at the corners of her lips. Her obsidian gaze swept around the cafe, the absence of any prying eyes providing her with the perfect opportunity to execute her plan.

However, the thought of Xavier's disapproval made her hesitate. Why did his opinion matter to her so much, anyway?

Heather placed a mug of coffee in front of Xavier, her polite façade still in place. She then extended the other mug to Wednesday with a congenial smile, playing the gracious hostess. Again, Wednesday battled the urge to hurl the scalding coffee into Heather's face.

"Would you like a latte? I can order another-"

"I have no interest in anything you have to offer."

Wednesday replied coldly. With that, she turned on her heel and left the café without her quad-on-ice.
———————————————————
Author's Note:
Thank you for reading my story, dear reader :) English is not my native language, so if you catch any grammatical errors, please do me the favor and let me know