Chapter 20 (revise 07/18/2023)

The truth about the bombing...

The following day two guys walked in with Michael. The two wolves grabbed and drugged the boys out, kicking and screaming. Jocelyn yelled, "Michael, you hurt them. I swear next time I get loose; you will have wished you died in the avalanche."

His ice-blue ice turned white. His pale face turned light blue. In an angry voice, "I have wished that many times, but I have become this thing you now see. My body rate has slowed down." He walked over and touched her cheek. His hand was icy cold. "You feel nice and warm. Maybe I will use you to warm me up."

She smacked his hand away from her face and spat on him. "You were a bastard back then and seem worse now."

"Oh, I am. My mate was a rogue who was trying to become a pack. She rejected me. I killed her pack except those who were hiding in a safe room. I knew where they were. I could smell her, but I could not bring myself to kill her. They went to your center for asylum."

"It was you who attacked the Outlet Pack? Who was your mate?"

"You're the counselor. Who do you think it was?"

"Pamela? She has been mute since the attack. I thought her mate died at the attack."

"She was my second chance mate. She rejected me because of what I became—this cold-hearted bastard, as you said. I lost my first mate. I met her between the trial and gauntlet. She was one of the nurses who came to treat me. If I hadn't been distracted by her rejection, I would have caught my uncle trying to kill us with the avalanche. She did not want half a man, she claimed."

Once I was healed, I did go to her. She said she found and mated with someone else who could care for her and give her pups. While talking, she started showing signs of heat. She began to call out to her mate. I took her to one of the cabins lined with silver my uncle had created. That was before you got them all destroyed. I had my way with her. I had to leave when I heard the warriors coming. I saw her new mate take her in. I know she had twin boys. When I ran into her later, I asked if they were mine, and she replied she did not know. She never told her second chance mate about our night in the cabin. She was told about me being healed, but she did not want to become a rouge or lone wolf with me. So because of you, I lost both my mates and my sons."

"You don't know they were your sons. You raped your first mate as you raped me. But blood work proved none of my pups were yours. You lost both of your mates because of you being weak and following your Uncle Xavier."

He smacked Jocelyn, and she fell unconscious on the floor. "I lost raising my sons, and you will lose raising yours." Then he started a maniacal laugh as he walked out of her dungeon cell. "take off all the silver while she is out cold. This way, she will feel the pain of losing her mate when she revives."

He then walked upstairs. He looks at Aryanna, a dark witch he has used in the past. "Are you ready to change them?"

Aryanna replied, "Remember, I can only plant the seed of darkness in them, and you will have to feed it to make it grow."

"You do your job, and I will do mine."

"I want my payment first. When your seed bares fruit in me, then I will plant the seed in them."

Michael growls, "I do not trust you to carry out "your bargain. You plant that seed of darkness in one of them and make the other forget who he is. I will plant my seed in you. Then when your seed bears fruit, you plant the seed of darkness in the other."

"That will be casting three spells instead of one. The payment will go up." She gives a flirty, conniving, evil smile his way.

"You want me to jump the broom with you? I have lost two mates. I will make you my chosen mate. I will mark you right now but won't fully mate you until you go into heat in seven to ten days. This will guarantee a successful seed."