Chapter 34 (revised 07/31/2023)

The next day when in chambers discussing what should be done, Elijah got a call on his emergency secure line. He answered it, "Hello, Councilman Elijah. How can I help you?" Pause, "WHAT!!!" He shouted.
"I have Alpha Charlie with me. I am going to switch this to a speakerphone. The whole chamber will hear you." He sets the phone down and presses a button, "Alpha Adam? Can you hear me now?"

"Yes, I hear you just fine. Am I coming out clear?"

Several voices said, "Yes."

Elijah says, "I have Alpha Adam from Meadow Park on the line. He says he needs to talk to the council and have me bring you a secure encryption phone to Alpha Charlie. Alpha Charlie is here before the council. I will give him this phone after this meeting. This way, you will have his number.  Now Adam, tell them what is so important that you called this number when we were in session."

"My sister, Cami, is Davis and Zane's mate. They planned to tell you in person, but right now, their group detoured and is in hiding.  I have my cousin, Conley, disguised as someone named Peter. He is driving the SUV with the trailer back toward you. He said that he had been followed most of this trip, but for the past few hours, he hadn't seen them. He doesn't know if he is not seeing them because he is tired or they turned back. He drove through the night and should be arriving soon.   Cami has given him a letter for Alpha Charlie."

Charlie asks, "Contact Conley and tell him a fairy will pop into the SUV with him. I will see whom I can get, but I need his exact location."

Councilwoman Patricia spoke up, "I can do it. Tell him it will be Councilwoman Patricia."

Adam says, "One moment." We hear a click.  A few moments later, we hear another click. "He has turned on his GPS on his phone. Here is his number (made-up number) 961-883-7003. This way, you can get his exact coordinates."

"Thank you, Adam. Can you tell us where your sister, Alpha Charlie's brothers, and other SNAP members hide?"

"I sent them to a summer camp my grandfather runs. It is about two hours from Rendezvous Pack. It is about four hours from my pack.  My brother is heading there with supplies.  The place closed down last fall for the season and would open up at the start of summer. We usually do a spring clean-up, so if seen, they would think of cleanup detail. That's how Elijah and I know each other."

Charlie asks, "Us showing up there could be hidden?"

"Coming from your way or the council way would be suspicious, but not from our way.  Usually, Elijah's mate Taliah contacts the packs, including Rendezvous. We are coming for the cleanup. All packs within two hours of that location are informed of activity."

He paused, "Let me put you on hold. My cousin is calling."

Before they could answer, Patricia popped up right beside Alpha Joesph. She waved, "I have the letter for you from Cami."

Alpha Joesph swung his arm and knocked her to the ground. He then realized who she was. He quickly stepped back, "I am sorry, Councilwoman Patricia. I thought you were..."

He went flying back and landed on his back. Councilman Patrick stood over him and yelled, "You dare attack a councilwoman and my twin sister."

"Patrick, stop it. It was my fault. None of you realized I left and returned. Alpha Joesph has pledged to protect Charlie.  My appearing like I probably did make him think I was attacking him or Supreme Charlie, so instinctively, he protected them both as you did me.  Now get back to your seat. I am ok." She stood and turned toward Charlie, "Here is the letter." She hands it to him. Then she turns toward Joesph, "Are you ok?"