Chapter 30 (revised 07/29/2023)

EAGLEWOOD CAMPGROUND

Charlie was sitting at his desk. He looked at his laptop calendar. "Shit, tomorrow is a full moon." He links Beth and Gwen. "Can you come to my office, umm trailer?"

"Ok, Charlie."

They walk in. He looks at them. His face is a little red. He seems a little uncomfortable. Gwen looks at him, "Charlie, are you ok?

Beth says, "You look a little feverish. Do I need to contact Elijah?"

"No, don't. As your brother, I don't want to discuss this with you, but as your alpha, I need to."

Beth looks at him, "Discuss what?"

Charlie replies, "Back home; you would just stay home and be safe. Here all I have are the RV. We need to make plans for your full moon heat." His face turns redder.

The girls giggle, and Beth says, "It's been taken care of. There will be no full moon heat."

Charlie looks at them and sniffs, "I don't smell a change." He turns his head, "I don't hear a heartbeat."

Gwen laughs, "No, we aren't pregnant."

Beth says, "Remember, my mate is a doctor. We discussed it and felt until we are back with our regular pack, it is best to prevent it. He gave us the injection so that we would have no heat or pups right now

Gwen replies, "Yep, no heat or pups." They get up to leave.

Beth looks at her brother, who seems relieved this conversation is over. She glances and makes eye contact with her sister. They both say, "But that doesn't mean we can't practice trying."

As they close the door, they hear him moan, "Mom, this is when I miss you most."

They giggle again as they close the door.

Elijah and Elliot walk up to their mates, "Is very thing ok?"

The girls look at each other and start to giggle again. "We're ok, but Charlie did look a little flushed," Gwen said.

Elijah looks strangely, "should I grab my bag and check on him?"

The girls burst into laughter. Elliot says, "It's getting late. Let's head to bed. I think our mates must be tired of this giggle fest they are having."

Elijah says, "You take them back to the RV. Let me check on our alpha first."

Elliot guides the two laughing girls back to their RV. Elijah goes and knocks on Charlie's door. "Enter." He looks up from his computer, "Hi, Elijah. What are you need."

He looks and notices Charlie's face is red, "the girls were outside giggling and laughing historically. They said you were flushed. I wasn't sure if their laughter was from worrying about you. As pack doctor, I came to check on you."

Charlie puts his face in his hands, "sisters, can you murder them for making fun of brothers?" He looks up at Elijah, "My sisters- the West brother's mate, your mate, little brats- thought it funny I was uncomfortable talking about the full moon heat. Mom always did that talk with the girls. Dad did that talk with the guys. When I realized the date, I tried to be the responsible alpha, and they found it hilarious."

Elijah smirks, "We discussed that and decided I will give the girls injections until we can do our official pack mating ceremony."

"Your mate said until we find those murderers."

Elijah nodded, "Well, as long as your ok." He turns to walk away. He stops and looks over his shoulder at Charlie, "Alpha Charlie, since you are a single male, just send the mates to me and Beth in the future. She will talk with the girls and I, the boys. I can take care of it, plus find out if they want pups right away or not." He exits the RV and closes the door. Went to join his mate."

"