Chapter 50 (posted 08/02/2023)

Alpha Carter arrived at the ruins, "Tundra," one of the witches from his pack, "do you feel any witches here?"

Tundra muttered a few words and held her hand up toward the ruins. After a couple of minutes, she replied, at the entrance are two guards. Inside there are about 50 prisoners mostly wolves, but a few other supernaturals."

A couple of Tyson's warriors stepped up, "Alpha Carter, let my group of warriors take care of these trolls. We fight mountain trolls when they try to come into our territory. We know how to take them out. But it is grizzly and not easy to watch."

Carter replied, "Take what you need down there."

One warrior looked at Tundra, "Will you be our bait that draws them out?"

"Just tell me what to do."

"Just go down but stay far enough away not to be affected by the ruebane, but wait for us to link we are in a position to attack."

"I can do that."

Carter then replied, "I want the goblins in this group to be prepared to check the prisoners. Remember we have been ordered not to release any of them. Once you access them we can arrange medical care if needed."

A few of the goblins replied, "Yes sir."

Carter then ordered, "This area does not seem hostile, "I want every other Wolf to head toward the battle to patrol around the battlefield to make sure no one sneaks in to ambush them."

Carter then links the other alpha, "This area only has two guards. Sending wolves to patrol surrounding areas." He then looks at the warriors, "Go."

Tyson's warriors start to sneak down to get into position. The goblins get ready to follow. He sees various wolves take off to patrol. He waits with Tundra beside him.

When the warriors are in place, "Priestess Tundra we are in position."

She walks down the trail leading to the ruins. When she is about fifty feet out she stops and calls out, "I was called to come here and I am greeted with ruebane. Who are the assholes who dare treat me that way?

Two trolls stumble out, "What do you want here warlock?"

She bristles and has to take a few steps back, "I was told my kind was gathering here and I steal of warlocks I get f***ing trolls. You dare to have ruebane on you."

"Listen old hag. This is our part of the territory. You are 125 miles away from the witches. Go north to their damn coven. We don't..." he screams out in pain. The wolves jump on them. It took them about ten minutes and both trolls were dead.

The goblins then scurried to the ruins and started to move in. They headed down where they could smell the prisoners. They say many wolves were beaten and starving. They saw fairies who had broken wings. Some vampires looked gaunt and their eyes were red from not being fed. They were almost feral. They found goblins down there that were shackled. They saw witches who were down-covered with blisters from being too close to Ruebane. A couple of the goblins threw up when they saw how bad some of the prisoners were.