007. ━ heatwaves and a flirty penguin

chapter seven ━ heatwaves and a flirty penguin( season one, episode nine )

( season one, episode nine )

❝Especially since I tolerate dogs
more than people.❞

𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐀 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐄 watching Kim fight her opponent at their meet. She avoided several swings before kicking her opponent in the chest, winning her match.

"Winner!" the judge declared and Veronica clapped with a wide smile.

"Kim!" Rudy said excitedly. "You just won a match in the All Wasabi Invitational. This has to be the most amazing moment of your life."

She shrugged. "Well, actually, witnessing my sister's birth—"

"Boring!" Rudy cut her off and Veronica sighed.

"If it's any consolation, I don't think I'm even in his top ten of amazing moments in his life," she told the blonde who sat down beside her. "It's not like I'm his favorite niece or anything."

"You're my only niece," Rudy said with a frown.

She nodded. "Exactly. Which means I should be your favorite."

Rudy shook his head. "It's all tied up," he told the group of karate students. "If we win the last match, we're the number one dojo in the Bobby Wasabi chain. Jack, you're up. Are you ready?"

"Well, yeah, but I thought Bobby Wasabi was going to be here," he said, a little disappointed that the eccentric rich man was not in attendance.

"People, Bobby can show up whenever he wants to," Rudy replied when a gong went off and they looked around. "Or he's here now." Veronica chuckled as the man rolled into the dojo on a large Vespa. "Bobby, welcome."

"I'm sorry," Bobby said, spinning around. "I was hoping to slip in unnoticed." The brunette snorted and covered her mouth with her hand. "So, how much is my Pittsburgh dojo winning by, hmm?"

Jerry frowned and stood up. "Whoa, whoa, whoa." His friends looked over at him. "For your information, we're kicking butt."

Bobby laughed and looked at Rudy. "Oh, that's rich." Veronica frowned, mildly offended at his assumption. "Almost as rich as my labradoodle will be when I die."

She smiled. "I aspire to be like that," she said with a nod. "Leave everything to a dog. Especially since I tolerate dogs more than people."

Bobby cleared his throat when he saw the offended expressions from the teenagers. "Seriously, you're—you're winning?"

"If we win this last match," Rudy replied.

"Well, let's do this!"

"Well..." Veronica patted Jack on the shoulder with a smile. "No pressure. You just need to prove to Bobby that we don't suck. So, good luck."