TEN

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Namjoon slowly sneaked.

He held his bow tightly, prepared to fire his arrow to an animal that he sees in the distance. He hid behind a tree, his dragon eyes focusing on the far buck that's currently sipping some water in the creek.

Namjoon wanted to go on his own since another person would distract him and the animal he spots could flee.

Yoongi's with Hoseok, hunting together since Yoongi hated ending up alone. And Hoseok is his best buddy.

Namjoon pulls the arrow back all the way, aiming right at the buck. He fires the arrow, hitting the buck right on the side that's near their heart.

Namjoon quickly gets himself another arrow and quickly starts to follow the buck that's running away. He followed the buck until it started to give up.

Just in case, Namjoon pulled back another arrow and shoots the buck again.

He lowers the bow and sighs, the buck finally giving up and dying. Namjoon puts the bow on his back and walks over to the buck. He pulls out the two arrows on the animal, putting them with the rest of the ones he had.

He grabs the buck by their antlers and starts to drag it to where they are settled. It took him a moment to get there since the buck ran far while hurt and that's it's heavy.

The thing is, Yoongi thought about being an archery hunter. He would rather ride a horse with arrows and his bow on his side instead of being a warrior with a sword.

Namjoon was just a natural at anything, but rather be a swordsman than any other.

Namjoon finally made to the area, finally letting go of the buck.

Their Sensei looks at him, widening his eyes from seeing the big animal. The other students that stayed looks and widens their eyes, standing up from what they were doing.

Namjoon faces their Sensei and bows.

"Wow Kim. I'm impressed." Sensei walks over to him. "A buck too—that's even more impressive."

Namjoon stood back up, looking at him.

"Go and relax. You deserve it."

Namjoon bows again, turning around and going to his tent.

An hour or so again, Yoongi, Hoseok and the other students that were out finally returned.

Hoseok puts down the rabbits that they both hunted, seeing the buck that some of the students are currently cutting up, the buck's antlers being removed already and not being with them.

Yoongi blinks. "Who the hell got a buck?"

Hoseok wipes his hands on his kimono from the blood of the rabbits. "Right? I bet Sensei was impressed by that."

One of the students heard them. "Oh, Kim did!"

Yoongi blinks.

Hoseok widen his eyes. "Really?"

The student nods. "Isn't he cool? He's for sure the Ryoma's son!"

Yoongi curls his brows. I bet he hates hearing that. He looks over at their tent, seeing that the mesh door is closed. Namjoon wasn't asleep, he was just meditating on his side of the tent or possibly doing something else.

Yoongi lowers his eyes and looks at the student. "He's not Ryoma's son."

The student knits his brows. "Didn't you hear Sir Okita? He basically said that he is. Like, why is he embarrassed to be Ryoma's son? I wouldn't be!"

The students around him starts laughing, agreeing with him.

Yoongi tightens up a fist. "He told me it isn't true. Don't believe everything you hear, Chen."

Jongdae scoffs. "Then he's probably lying to you, Min. Sir Okita has never lied. He's very bold, just like you are."

Yoongi tightens his grip on his bow, his anger easily rising up.

Hoseok puts a hand in Yoongi's shoulder. "Go. Before you blow a fuse."

Yoongi huffs and pushes Hoseok's hand off his shoulder, turning around to go to his tent.

Hoseok sighs and looks at Jongdae. He glares at him before turning around and going to his own tent.

Yoongi pulls the mesh door open, looking at Namjoon. He sees the buck's antlers on the small table they both brought, seeing Namjoon staring down at something. Namjoon's staring at a photo...that wasn't his.

"What're you doing?"

Namjoon looks back to him.

Yoongi widen his eyes and quickly goes in the tent, closing the mesh door and snatching the photo. "The hell are you doing with this!? This isn't yours!"

Namjoon lowers his hand. "I'm sorry."

Yoongi quickly folds the photo and puts it in his pocket, going to his side of the tent and sitting down, facing away. He pulls the photo back out and unfolds it, staring at it.

"I found it when I was moving things around on my side. It slipped out from under your pillow." Namjoon says. "Was that your mother in the painting?"

"It's none of your business." Yoongi folds the photo and puts it back under his pillow, putting it in the pillowcase instead.

Namjoon lowers his eyes. Right. I don't have to know everything.

Yoongi gulps hard, moving away from the pillow. "It was."

Namjoon looks at him.

"I haven't seen her since I started taking these classes... I rely on her more than my father." Yoongi looks at him, then lowers his eyes. "It's the only thing I have of her."

"You could visit her on our free day—"

"No!" Yoongi shouts. "No—if I visit, my father will find out and put me in the hole again. I'm...I'm not allowed."

"You deserve to see her again." Namjoon turns around to fully face him.

Yoongi stayed faced away, lowering his head. "I still can't. She'll just distract me..."

Namjoon curls his brows. He just turns himself around to face the antlers, deciding to continue what he was supposed to be doing.

Yoongi sighs. He glances at his pillow, relaxing his brows. I'm such an asshole... I need to stop doing that.

"Um, I...I have a question."

Namjoon moves the blade away from the antler.

"You can still lie to me or tell me the truth... But I really need to know. Are you actually Sir Ryoma's son? I just...I need the actual truth."

Namjoon lowers his blade and closes his eyes. If he wants Yoongi not to hate him, he has to.

"It's true."

•────•──────────•────•