TWENTY FOUR

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Yoongi moves around, groaning a bit.

Namjoon was still asleep, having his arm as a pillow for Yoongi like before. Yoongi was facing him, having an arm wrapped around Namjoon's waist, their legs all tangled up.

Yoongi opens his eyes and looks at him. He curls up a small smile, sliding his hand up to his arm that's beside his head.

He lowers his eyes and sees the scar on his chest. Yoongi's smile lowers, lifting his hand up to it, slowly caressing the scar. He looks at Namjoon to make sure he doesn't wake up.

Namjoon's breath was slow, still in slumber.

Yoongi looks back down to his chest, quietly sighing. What happened to you, Namjoon... You never told me about this one, just the others...

"Yoongi-ssi."

Yoongi slightly jumps and moves his hand away. "Shit. Did I wake you?"

Namjoon looks at him. "No." He lifts his hand up to his, intertwining their fingers together. "I woke up on my own."

Yoongi sighs in relief. "That's good to know."

Namjoon smiles small. "Did you sleep okay?"

"I slept great. Better here than my room."

Namjoon scoffs, moving his hand off to place a hand on the side of his face. "You're so different."

"We both are. We both have shitty dads...we're different out of the others...we just want to be great warriors to the village and to our fathers." Yoongi explains, lowering his eyes.

Namjoon caresses his cheekbone. "Different as in good."

Yoongi looks at him, then looks away again. "Right..."

A drop of rain hits the side of Namjoon's face. Namjoon blinks and looks up, sliding his hand off Yoongi's face and sitting up from laying down.

Yoongi slowly sits up too. "What's wrong?"

"It's going to rain. We should head back before we get drenched." He looks at him.

"Why rush? It's just rain."

"We might be late for training."

Yoongi scoffs. "Don't worry. Jung's got us covered."

"Jung?" Namjoon tilts his head.

"Yeah. He's a good friend, don't worry. He won't tell on us."

"Soji!"

Mentioning of Hoseok.

Yoongi blinks, placing a hand on Namjoon's arm and looking at the exit. Namjoon looks at the exit too, brows knitting.

"Kim! Soji! Where are you guys!?"

Yoongi's brows curl. "What's he doing here?"

Namjoon closed his eyes, slightly annoyed.

Yoongi sighs and gets himself to slip on his clothes. "C'mon." He stands up, slipping on his pants. "It might be important if he's trying to look for us."

Namjoon nods and gets dressed, getting up from the ground. He fixes his kimono, looking up at the sky to see more grey clouds building in.

Hoseok sighs. "Shit... Sensei's going to think they ran away... This is bad."

"Jung."

Hoseok blinks and quickly turns around. "There you guys are! I've been looking everywhere! I-I thought you guys ran away."

"What's going on? Why are you trying to find us?" Yoongi asks, brows curled.

Hoseok looks at the two, brows curling up.

He lowers his eyes, then looks at Namjoon. "You should see it for yourselves."

Namjoon knits his brows. He looks at Yoongi, then looks at Hoseok. He huffs and reaches down to softly grabs Yoongi's hand and starts walks forward, bringing Yoongi with him.

Hoseok turns around and follows them, rubbing the back of his neck nervously as he walks beside Namjoon.

"It must be important if you can't tell me." Namjoon says.

"Well, I want to, but it's better if I don't. It's-It's better if you see it."

"I can take a hit, Jung."

Hoseok looks forward. "I understand that, Kim." I can't tell you because it's a sensitive topic for you.

Yoongi looks at Hoseok, trying to figure out what it is by looking at him while they walked.

▃▃▃▃

The rain poured, all three of them getting wet since it was a decent walk.

Turns out, it was a thunderstorm instead of just rain. It makes sense for a thunderstorm.

"I'll just get it over with." Namjoon says, sliding the door open. "I don't care what the situation is, I want to go back in the forest with Min."

"Kim please understand the reason why." Hoseok begs.

Yoongi slides the door closed behind them, listening to the two talk and Namjoon trying to figure out what's so important that he won't say in front.

Namjoon stops walking and faces him. "If you want me to understand, you can't let me figure it out myself. Just tell me, it shouldn't be this hard."

Hoseok closes his eyes. "I know, I know. But it...really is."

Yoongi's heart dropped. "Um. Kim."

"I'm used to people giving me a blunt truth. It's natural—"

Yoongi reaches over to place his hand on his arm. "Namjoon."

"What?" Namjoon looks at him.

Yoongi wasn't looking at him to get his attention. Hoseok was also staring at him. Namjoon's brows knit at Yoongi. He turns around, seeing what they're both staring at.

Namjoon's heart drops.

Sakamoto Ryoma. Standing right beside their Sensei and the other Shinsengumi's.

His father returned. But at what cost? What's the reason?

Namjoon felt extremely pale, staring at him like he has seen a ghost.

"We should go." Hoseok quietly says, softly grabbing Yoongi's arm and pulling him back.

Yoongi's brows curl, looking at Namjoon that's frozen in place as Hoseok pulls him away.

Yoongi wanted to reach for Namjoon's arm, but Hoseok pulled him a little harder to get him out of the area, finally pulling him back and sliding the door closed.

Yoongi pulls his own arm off, getting off Hoseok's grip. "Are you fucking crazy?" He almost said out loud.

"What else was I supposed to do, Soji? Let him find Kim on his own while you guys mess around without anyone knowing?" Hoseok whisper yells. "I wasn't trying to ruin your guys' moment!"

Yoongi points at him. "Fuck you." He whispers it before waking away to his room.

Hoseok closes his eyes and sighs. He lifts his hand up and rubs his forehead out of frustration.

•────•──────────•────•