THIRTY THREE

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

It was quiet.

They had the funeral for Hoseok yesterday. Everyone was quiet during it, even the Shinsengumi before they spoke some words about Hoseok.

Yoongi didn't go to it. He stayed in his room the whole time when the funeral went on.

Namjoon went, tears falling out of his eyes as Ryoma had a hand on Namjoon's shoulder for comfort. Some of the other students cried, even Hoseok's father.

Hoseok was a good warrior. A true one. He stayed true to the clan, his heart and his strength. He kept himself sane and never failed to protect others.

He was the sweetest of all warriors, never really judged anyone by how they fought. Everyone was still learning like he was too.

Heisuke wished he protected him. He wished his death never happened. It was his worst fear. And it did happen.

After the funeral, Namjoon chatted with Heisuke, telling him that his son was an amazing friend to Yoongi and that he never left his side.

Heisuke smiled at that, knowing he died having good friends by his side. He hugged Namjoon as a thank you for also being a good friend of Hoseok's. Obviously, Namjoon hugged him back.

Present day, Yoongi wasn't in his room anymore.

Namjoon tapped on the door and slid it open, not seeing him and not the pillows nor blankets. His brows curl up, sliding the door closed.

He knows what other place he went. It wasn't that hard to find him. It's still their area.

Namjoon walks to the forest, keeping a hold of his dagger that Yoongi returned, which he shouldn't have. He wanted him to keep it from what they went through.

He looks around the woods, seeing the birds fly past and seeing the squirrels climb the trees and run around. It calmed him in a way, but didn't calm his soul.

Namjoon has gotten to the area, pushing the vines away to walk in. "Yoongi?" His brows curl.

He's sleeping, holding onto...Hoseok's sword. Namjoon frowns at that. He was supposed to give it to Heisuke yesterday. But he didn't.

Namjoon let's go of the vines and walks over to him, kneeling down with a soft sigh. He puts a soft hand on his arm, shaking him a bit.

"Yoongi." He softly spoke.

Yoongi's brows knit and flutters his eyes open, looking up at Namjoon with a squint. He wipes his eyes and moves Namjoon's hand off his shoulder, sitting himself up from the ground.

"What're you doing here..." Yoongi mutters.

"I was looking for you."

Yoongi scoffs. "You're always looking for me."

Namjoon's brows curl. "What's wrong?"

"That's a stupid fucking question to ask me—you're always on my back, you should know by now."

And he does.

Namjoon just nods to himself, placing his hands on both of his shoulders. "Yoongi, look at me."

Yoongi pushes his hands off. "Just say it. I don't need to look at you."

"Yoongi—"

"Fuck off, will you!?" Yoongi yells, looking at him.

Namjoon froze, then relaxes.

Yoongi widens his eyes, realizing what he did. He closes his eyes, hating himself even more for yelling at someone he loves dearly. Namjoon slowly lifts his hands up to cup Yoongi's face, caressing his cheekbones.

Yoongi could already feel tears in his eyes. He puts his hands on Namjoon's chest, tears welding up even more that they slid down his cheeks.

"I could've stopped it." Yoongi whispers with a shake in his voice. "I...I could've stopped Seokjin from..."

Namjoon wipes his tears away, frowning at him. "It's not your fault."

"It is my fault. I-I-I saw it happen and I didn't do anything! I was too late to save him!"

"Yoongi, please..." Namjoon begs, tears filling up his eyes.

Yoongi closes his eyes tight, lowering his head. Namjoon closes his eyes and pulls Yoongi into a caring, but soft hug.

Yoongi just bursts out crying and covers his face in Namjoon's shoulder. Namjoon closes his eyes and puts a hand on his head, putting his arm around his waist too.

Hoseok was everything to Yoongi. He's the reason why Yoongi joined up with him. He relied everything to Hoseok. Secrets, promises, everything.

Even telling him about him and Namjoon.

He blames himself for Hoseok's death. Namjoon didn't want him to think that way, but he can't stop it. It happened in front of all of them.

They both equally didn't stop him from Seokjin. The only problem that's solved is that Seokjin is no longer a threat to anyone.

Namjoon cups Yoongi's face and kisses his temple, caressing his cheekbones. Yoongi just cries more, lifting his hands up to Namjoon's shoulders to pull him into another hug.

Namjoon closes his eyes, moving his hand to rub his back.

It took a long minute for Yoongi to calm down. Namjoon comforted him the whole time, petting his hair as Yoongi was now resting on his lap.

After that, Namjoon glances at Hoseok's sword and frowns. Yoongi was caressing it as Namjoon sees, knowing he doesn't want to let go of it just yet.

"We need to go back." Namjoon spoke up.

Yoongi just stays quiet.

"Sir Heisuke wants to see you."

Yoongi's brows knit. He moves his head and looks at him. "He wants to see me? Why?"

"Yeah. He wants to show you something, I assume."

Yoongi lowers his eyes and looks back to Hoseok's sword. "I assume that he wants the sword back..."

"I'm sure he does. But he does understand that you still have it."

Yoongi frowns. "Yeah..."

Namjoon rubs his arm and sits up more, making Yoongi sit up. "C'mon. Let's go. It'll be okay."

Yoongi looks at Namjoon with sad eyes. Namjoon gets up from the ground, helping Yoongi up. Yoongi grabs Hoseok's sword and gets up, sighing.

"Don't worry." Namjoon says, reaching over to hold Yoongi's hand. "I'm sure he won't yell at you."

Yoongi scoffs and follows.

•────•──────────•────•