Chapter I

Arjuna

Hastinapur Palace

I frolick around, tipping rocks over as I hold my arrow steadily. The world drifted behind me. It is as if very worthwhile incident only happens to my brothers- Bratha Nakul apparently fell in love, Bratha Yudhisthir is the most knowledgeable man most have ever seen, Bheem has his mace abilities that everyone fantasizes over and I'm just good at the arrow but it calls for me- even though I'm basically average with arrows. I feel endless- like an abyss of nobility and strength when I hold the arrow but I just need the light in me to ignite my true talent as guru says.

 I hear the leaves swish with the wind and the birds chirping- I feel ludicrous and free. The sky becomes a darker hue- it is to rain. The others all swiver away from the rain- I never minded the rain, it did bring upon an occasional cold but with Bratha Nakul's brilliant medical care I developed an immunity to it. 

I close my eyes and let everything dissolve around me. The rain was pleasantand gave a cold yet peaceful ambience to my surrounding. I felt good- happy at such a small thing that I would most probably come to cherish.

The droplets fall on my face as I grin.

"Come back in you fool!" Screams my Bratha Yudhsitir. He is adamant on me coming back in- unusually so. "I called for you so many times!" He exclaimed, apparently after i out the pieces together it turned Bratha had been calling for me for a while- but I was in another world as he said.

" King Vasudev's son- our cousin has come!" Said Yudhsitir, I hoped for it not to be Balram but my Krishna. 

"Is it Krishna?" I ask. He nods profusely while frantically flapping his arms for me to come over. I become excited as the word Parth  flows through my mind- that word with his gentle and sultry voice. 

My foot dangles as I sprint to the shelter with Bratha Yudhisthir. I shake my head and little droplets of water splatter from my hair and fall onto his sleek face- I apologise and he smiles as he tells me to rush for Krishna is eagerly waiting for me. I run swiftly through the corridors- as fats I could till I see all of them in Bratha Sahadev's room crowded together on a mat of velvety color on the floor.

 Krishna

He is distinctly charming as always- his grin is broad and shining, his hair is longer than the last I had seen of it and his peacock feather stands sacredly upright adding to the divinity in his ethereal appearance. His eyes are beautiful- piercingly dark orbs of a sweet innocent sparkle. Krishna's eyes have his distinct twinkle of joy as he talks to my brothers and teases Bratha Nakul. 

"Pranipat Madhav." I say breaking the harmony of the choir that was their conversations and to my utter and pure joy Madhav starts shining and smiling a smile wider than the last one. He runs over and embraces me and I do too. 

"You are three years past a decade! Growing up so quickly my Parth!" I smile at him as he stares at me with loving eyes that spoke his paternal instinct to coddle me. But all I care is listening to him calling me Parth, it feels victorious. 

"Yes, yes I am, Madhav." I say as he still grins. He puts his arm over shoulder and he guides me to sit near him- I oblige of course. He keeps his palm on my left thigh as we sit together talking. Madhav as usual leads the conversation, first he talks of his bets spars, then his adventures and on and on until we reached Balram. He talked of how Balaram was stubborn but still his beloved Bratha. Then Nakul started grinning deviously.

"What about our sister- Subhadra?" Bratha Nakul asks, I turn my head towards Madhav who hadn't usually spoken of his rumoured beautiful and righteous sister. Yadavkumari Subhadra- daughter of Rohini and King Vasudev. I looked at Madhav and almost as if he read my mind he looked back at me with a cheeky grin.

"My sister is beautiful- very pretty." He says and as he does he turns back to Nakul.

"And?" He asks.

"She is very intelligent," he says and then he leans in to Bratha Nakul, "more intelligent than she is pretty." He said. 

"So, she is pretty and smart!" He said while Krishna nodded proudly. 

"Very stubborn although- but she is stubborn just for affection," he says.

Nakul smirks and straightens his back. "When can we- as her strong mighty brothers meet her?" He asks anxiously. 

"When she wants to meet you," Madhav says with a teasing smile, "why do you ask? Are you already eager to woo my sister- and if so I am doubtful if she'd oblige and more so doubtful if I'd oblige."

Bratha Nakul pouts his lips as everyone laughs.

"Do you have any questions regarding my sister, Parth? After all she is most eager to meet you," he says as everyone in the room freezes and Nakul's eyes widen and I become very much so flustered. My mouths opens in a gasp as everyone gawks at me.

"Him? How so?" Bratha Nakul asks.

"Why not Nakul? Can't a girl like someone as our splendid brother," Bratha Yudhistir says.

"Well yes she can," grumps Nakul with his lips pouted like lotuses.

"Tell us more," Bratha Bheem says as he begins to munch on his fifth laddoo. It was quite interesting to see Bheem was interested in something else but his laddoos, I smile at the fact.

"She plays the veena and she makes laddoos well but not as well as she makes kheer," says Madhav.

Too late to mention kheer, Bheem was already smiling at mention that she makes laddoos but I am more interested in my favourite- kheer.

"You should come one day, she'd be excited to see you, anyway how is your training going on? Is guru well?" He asks.

We all start speaking of guru, I say the best things aboutour mentor while Nakul occasionally rants of his strictness and riddles for answers- I have always liked his riddles for answers- adds to the mystery and grandiose of Acharya. I have always favoured him greatly and I spoke many praises of him and Krishna nodded. Krishna smiled and said that I appreciated guru the most, I smiled at his statement of which I viewed a compliment like every other statement to me he had ever made.

We soon had to say goodbye, although I did not want too. I left him by the gates of our palace and walked way with my brothers- barely giving any attention to what my brother's were blabbering and all of a sudden a name comes to mind.

Subhadra.

It would be wonderful to meet Madhav's sister, I hope I do meet her one day.