Chapter X

Subhadra

The fact he was so nice was unsettling. The Yati was ideal. His footsteps loomed behind me. It may have made me nervouse- how could a Yati be so handsome- how could anyone be so handsome?

We walk to the garden and a small house of mud and straw awaited us in a midst of gardens and flowers.

"Will the garden house be enough, sir?" I turn to him. His eyes and face were spread across the gardens looking here and there. He seemed pleasantly surprised.

"More than enough, Rajkumari- and you needn't  address me so formally," he says with a beautiful grin. He seems to be a gentle person. I move away from his direction so he may move forward, his feet touch the steps and enters. Every step and movement he takes seems thought out, ever so graceful and supple. He turns back and swished his head calling me in.

I can't help but admit to waiting for this moment.

Every Yati has their feet washed in respect by their and is drenched in holy water from the ganges, tradition you could say.

He sits down in lalitasana. I go to the corner and fetch a brass bowl with designs of deva's and asura's. When I return I see a graceful Yati with his eyes closed in the lotus position. I move a step and he opens one eye. I never walk with my anklets making any sound so it's surprising he noticed but for most Yati's it is common amongst them and divine men to notice even a drop of water falling and I simply love gawking as they display their strength and divinity. He gives me a nimble smile. I smile back.

I couch underneath him and he lifts himself now standing. The bowl is drenched with rose petals and buttermilk. I can't say I didn't long to touch his feet. He puts his right foot first then the left second. I touch his feet and I can't say it wasn't pleasant. It was cotton and silk with a rough manliness and strength that was luring. His skin was supple and gleaming golden. I couldn't admit anything different than the fact he had perfect lotus feet- his nails were perfectly manicured and almost untouched. It would be weird to crouch for too long underneath him but I feel a sudden warmth on my head.

He's blessing me.

It feels divine and holy. I can feel waves of stress and woe expelling. My heart palpitates and bursts with joy and love? I can feel sparks flying- I feel nervouse. I can hear his deep yet sweet voice focusing on mantra's and blessings.

"-Om Indra Devaya Namah," he says at the end of his prayers, although many worship Indradev they don't use his mantras- they prefer mantras of Mahadeva and Brahm. I feel unusual as no body has blessed with the mantra of Indra- no wonder he always bothers me! I haven't received his blessing!

(Authors note - Says the woman that get's his son on his knees 😑. Trust me Subhu he's blessed you just fine 😉😘!)

I can feel the weight of his hands leaving my head and I touch his feet in respect and lift myself. I smile and bow in a thank you. I immediately trot to the other bowl and flinch at its weight as I pick it up, he worriedly shifts asking me if I need any help, I simply shook my head still nervous as my heart pumps. The angels have sent an apsara of great beauty for me to tend to! He sits down in meditation and awaits me. I tilt the bowl and holy water pours over him. I blush at his body as the water makes his body transparent and seen- scultped, defined, built and gleaming golden. His muscles are large and taunting yet very manly. The kind of thing the ladies of the court fantasize of. Even I flutter at the sight. His face is drenched and very beautiful but even as gallons of water fall his body does not shift. His eyebrows furrow in the intensity of his prayers. The last drop of water fall on his scalp. He finally settles down after a while slipping away from the trance of his prayers. I also drift for a moment in prayer looking at him. I close my eyes and pray.

"Please lord! Indradev I have come to understand you haven't blessed me as you trouble me with your son and whatever thsoe bolts are so I beg of you to ignore my faults and embrace me!"

I open my eyes finally and..

Heavenly Angel.

The yati stared at me with a smile. I can see a glimpse of youth in his face as he pushes the hair that piles on his forehead backwards. Drops of water trinkle from strands of his now curled hair and his grin is just heart-strirring!

Oh, Mahadeva!

I stare at him. I can assume that my face is red as the roses. He smiles at me before his eyes drift to the window. It has darkened- so quickly!

"Lord- no- right no formal addressing- are hungry? No- you must be starving!"

"I am hungry but it would trouble you, princess," he says gently.

"It would never be a problem, you are my duty.
I am responsible for you," I say.

"Which man would send a young girl off in the dark- at that, alone?" he asks gently with a smile, "I'll be fine," he says. I like his nobity but he needn't starve but he is true I am frightened to go alone. His body stiffens signalling the fact he won't budge for his decision is one most divine agree with as divine god blessedmen would rather die than wrong a woman- trust me I've had perosnal experience with them.

"Then- it maybe burdensome to reccomend this but with your persistence would you join me then?" I ask shyly. I was so nervous in asking such a thing to a man sworn to celibacy, devotion and love to only the deities. He looks at me with widened eyes and... smiles?

"Alright then, princess," he says as he slowly lifts himself and rises to stand by my side. I am nervous as I lift my head and look at him with evident gratitude and I notice that he towers over me by many feet. His height could be frightening but with that smile and sweet aura he is but a gentle giant! I smile at him with the most princessy and elegant smile I have. He smiles back and I go weak in the knees.

We hit a thousand words- pls support and share for motivation and joy! I am so excited to show you guys the walk with the both of them! Anyways, luv you 😘!