Chapter IIX

Arjun

Maybe I knew better than that, to do such a thing but I'm not a very intelligent man now, am I?

I regret my decisions to save Subhadra and the ever familiar cold of the wind on my fresh uncovered skin reminds me of it, really, Arjun? Krishna asked to act as a normal Yati and you go out walking alone with a lady of age in the middle of the night- how Yati-like. Truly. I have lost my senses.

"Ah! We're here, I'll go to the kitchen and fetch you something-"

"Do you have kheer perhaps?" I ask, although fresh mangoes and noble delicacies offered by the royals are good I have been craving my kheer.

"I understand it burdensome to ask-but-" I say before being interrupted:

"I am the daughter of Krishna- the man of whom loses all dignity in the face of makhan, I have no problem in making you some kheer, Yati," Subhadra says with that beautiful smile. Subhadra is refined yet a sweet and gentle soul. She gets flustered easily and it isn't hard to get her against her own resolve, her mind can be changed easily. She's also very sweet and caring- it's almost as if no one's displayed direct affection, why else is she immediately flustered at the slightest act of service or affection? She's a poor naive girl, very responsible- no wonder Yudhistir likes her a lot.

She walks in to the palace with her mehndi drawn feet. She smells like honey and sweet srikhand.

The forest is peaceful, a full moon that makes me feel hunted by Chandran. I feel very embarrassed of my decisions- for god's sake its so cold.

"Well if you were really that cold you shouldn't have given her your garment, but even I faltered in the face of a beautiful damsel in distress."

Krishna.

Krishna said that! I know his voice like the back of my hand!

"Madhavan, where are you!" I ask in shock.

"Nowhere just in your conscience," he says, how?

"How? I mean- isn't that impossible!"

"I have my ways- including a way to get to know the fact that your spoiling your Yati act immensely- which sound minded Yati goes about in the middle of the night with a lady!"

"Ok- I'm sorry for being hungry!" I exclaim.

"We welcomed you with a royal feast, Parth!" He says.

"My hunger knows no bounds," I say, it's true.

"Anyways, it's okay, just keep assisting my sister- don't do it so helplessly obviously- this is a palace, there are guards everywhere!" Madhavan says.

"Ok, sorry- my hunger blinded me," I say.

"But the shirt taking off was a little too much, don't you think?" Madhavan says.

"Don't mention a word of it!" I say, embarrassment with a lot of butterflies swarming my stomach.

"Haha!" Madhavan laughs, it's a laugh so sweet.

"Well, goodbye Madhavan, I think Subhadra is back," I say.

"Alright, farewell!" Madhavan says.

Sneak Peek for next chapter- it's going to be a lot of Krishmini and a lot about Krishna!!! Okie, luv you 💗😘