Chapter II

Arjuna

Battle Training Grounds 

One year after last chapter

The sun shines brightly, Surya Dev is at his prime. It has been one year since I discovered my talent for the arrow and became the best of my brother's. At one point I felt greed and pride would deep me slowly but I have stayed humble- at least that is what Bratha Yudhisthir says.

I smile at Madhav who sits on a rock. He has barely aged- his skin is pure blue, like the endless sky is his skin and at times it feels as if I could melt into that sky. His eyes are still beautiful, so much so I regret looking at it and being immediately seduced, his peacock feather shines upright, still ever so sacred and holy. He is still otherworldly and as serene as can be. His appearance soothes me just as his personality does. 

By Mahadev I am lucky to have him by my side. 

My Madhav has a most beautiful dove perched on him of which he coddles. He had said I would meet his beloved wife- Rukmini Bhabi soon enough. I am beyond excited to meet her. Madhav catches me staring and smiles.

"What is it, Parth?" He asks although he already knows the answer.

"Is Rukmini Bhabi very beautiful?" I ask him. Krishna smiles unwaveringly at mention of his love, his smile at the moment  is the most cheerful one I have seen appearing at her name being said.

"She is. Most beautiful- in her soul and in her skin." He says, while he returns to coddle the white dove settled in his hands before he lets it fly and looks at me.

"Is it purely her beauty or also your affection that brings you to that answer?" I ask, genuinely curious at how love works

"When you fall for her  you will know, settle down for now." He says after he exerts a most charming chuckle from his lips. I am too confused as to who my 'her'  will be to care for his slight teasing.

He smiles at the sky and he falls to the ground purposefully to assume a sleeping position. He looks divine and gracious even when Nidra Devi swept him to a slumber. I smile as I resume my arrow practice.

 I am nestled onto Krishna's lap

 I am nestled onto Krishna's lap. His company is warm and sweet. 

"I have news!" He says sweetly.

"What?" I am eagerly.

"My beloved sibling is coming to Hastinapur," he says.

"Bratha Balram?" I am anxious to know why he was excited with his brother of whom I have met before come to Hastinapur. 

"No, not at all." He says.

"Subhadra." I say

He nods sweetly- excitedly and I smile. I am to meet Madhav's sister! I stand upright quickly- escaping from the company of his lap and run towards to palace from the tiny corner in the forest, I can hear Krishna laughing in ecstacy behind me. Nakul would be very excited to meet her- all my brother's would. Ever since that conversation a year ago, my brother's brought her up everytime we talked to Madhav. We had heard every childhood story and every prank- very failed or succesful dish she had made- we had even heard what her clothes looked like! I scampered around the streets then to the palace. Bratha Yudhistir was laying by a pillar, a big brown book in his hands. Bheem was picking remnants of laddoo from his lips and Nakul and Sahadev were deeply immersed in their chitchatting- or gossip spreading. Those gossip monger brothers of mine were about to jump with what I had to say. But then I froze. 

Why was I so excited? I had only ever heard of her but not even the silly Nakul would be so hasty in delivering such news. Was I really that intrigued with the princess? But then again- she was our Madhav's one and only sister. That is a reason enough isn't it?

"Rajkumari Subhadra will come soon!" I exclaim, all my brother's jumped except Yudhsitir who smiled pleasantly- still calm beside his surroundings.

"When? How- who told you?" Asks Bratha Nakul. 

"Madhav, of course," says Sahadev with a very questioning expression as if judging our brother Nakul's intelligence,

"I don't know when exactly but soon." I said. I sit down after being tired after all the running- I am drenched in sweat. The slab of marble underneath is cold and I feel oddly excited. 

She would be coming. She is coming. 

Oddly enough out of the blue a few words ring through my mind.

"After all she is most eager to meet you."

I am most eager to meet you too, Subhadra.