Chapter 4 - The Ice Dragon

SYNOPSIS:

Abducted and separated from the rest of the team, Lapis and Farr must figure out a way to stop the deadly organization, Darklass, before they unleash their plan on the BoltWings. However, as the pair journey to one of the biggest cities in Atlas, they are forced to survive an unexpected encounter with their enemies.

____________________________________________

[SCREEN TITLE: 5004 AS]

[scene begins with Subzero and Cryo walking across a large field. An abandoned and destroyed stone statue stands in the distance. Cryo is wearing a bag strapped around her shoulders, and Subzero is wearing a satchel strapped to his back]

CRYO: Stay close to me. Anyone can pop out of nowhere and jump you.

SUBZERO: Would be surprised to see them try. [smiles as he looks beyond the field] I can deal with anyone.

CRYO: Don't be too sure about that. [grabs a scroll from her bag, and she unrolls it] Let's not forget that we're walking in the SkyWings zone right now. We get caught, they're gonna throw us into their arena to kill each other.

SUBZERO: I never really liked that Scarlet.

CRYO: No one ever liked her, not even her own dragons. It's nothing surprising, [looks at the scroll] considering how she treated them like shit.

SUBZERO: How long until we get there?

CRYO: If you stop talking, twelve hours. [looks at Subzero and smirks]

SUBZERO: [deadpan] Haha, very funny.

CRYO: You know I'm six months older than you, right?

SUBZERO: Yeah... but I think it's pretty insignificant.

CRYO: Hmm.

[Subzero and Cryo continue making their ways across the SkyWings kingdom. The two dragons walk through a large forest, traversing across the trees and bushes. As they continue walking, the two dragons continue their conversation]

SUBZERO: Is it safe with them?

CRYO: Yeah, yeah. You don't have to worry, Yttir would put his life for the gem. [rolls the scroll and puts it back inside her bag] And I don't think anybody would bother looking for a gem in the middle of a war.

SUBZERO: Ehh, [shrugs] maybe. So why can't the other come with us?

CRYO: They have their own mission and things to deal with. There's a whole lot of stuff going on when you have dragons blowing up each other every day. And then there's this dumbass that decided to...

SUBZERO: Frost breath into Battlewinner's mouth. Yes, I heard that before. It was two years ago.

CRYO: Now the Talons of Peace are thinking of stopping the war with five dragonets? [acts dumbfounded] Wow, five little dragons are going to stop a war that nobody has done in the last decade.

SUBZERO: They're running out of options at this point. We all wanted this war to be over. [pauses] They're just desperate to get it done.

CRYO: By bringing six-year-old dragonets into battle?

SUBZERO: Yeah, it does sound dumb if you ask me. What if we can-

CRYO: [puts her talon in front of her mouth] Shhh.

[Subzero goes quiet, and the two dragons duck. Subzero looks at Cryo in confusion, seeing her raising her talon and pointing forward. Subzero slightly stands up, looking at where Cryo is pointing, and he sees a squad of SkyWing guards patrolling the forest ahead]