THREE

・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

CHAPTER THREE: BETRAYAL

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING?" Chloé asked at her desk as i dressed up formally. Somewhere I shouldn't be but have to be.

"To Tariq's mom trial."

She got off from her chair and stood to my level. "Oh hell no!" She snapped out loud. I know this was a bad idea but this guilty conscious of not supporting Tariq and his family was weighing on me heavily. "The hell you are!"

"Chloé I have to. Tasha has been like a second mom to me and I haven't visited her once. Tariq hates me I know but I need to prove to him that I care, so I'm going to support him."

"Lina baby.. your mom would kill you yourself I promised her I'd look after you."

I sighed, trying to agree. "I know but I won't do anything trust me. Imma go, come back and finish off my assignment for that weird ass professor and my guilty conscious can vanish."

"What damn guilty conscious?" She almost begged asking. "You don't owe the St Patrick's shit. You had no choice but to leave- Tariq is acting like this because he was in love with you."

I shunted my eyes in disbelief.. "Riq never liked me? You're tripping." I almost gagged at the thought of him being in love. Love what a stretch.

"Be for real, when you left, he was about to book a flight to get you back. Stevie wonder could see that he liked you more than a friend."

"You're bugging."

"I'm not. He's not mad that you left, he's mad because you never liked him the way he liked you. Y'all forgetting I was friends with y'all as well?"

I was trying to button my blazer and a wave of memories hit me.

**

THEN

"Listen Riq we don't have to do this." I giggled, I mean we are only 14 and my mom would kill me. I know Tariq is grieving over his sister, shit me too but drinking our problems away for the first time ain't it.

We was at one of Tariq's classmate house party up in a penthouse, it was supposed to be an innocent house party until the boys decided to bring drinks to the party.

Tariq was already down about 5 drinks and i was down about 3, so from that I realized Riq was a heavy drinker than I.