FOUR

・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

CHAPTER FOUR: REUNITED

IT WAS NEXT DAY. My piece was hidden in box full of books, knowing when to take it if needed. I was in my dorm alone while Chloé had class. I was thinking all night about Tariq and I.

Hearing my door banging, I opened it. "Damn it, would you relax?" I see Tariq come in with his backpack on. This nigga was practically Hannah Montana.

"Maclean wants me to do Dads- Ghosts eulogy today." I was completely unaware it was today. Thinking about it, it was a good idea, paint a good image or bad even.

"And?" I trailed.

"I don't know if I should do it." 

"Do it." He was stunned by my response. "Show the people exactly how you feel about him, the good and the bad. That way people can make their own perspective on how they feel about him without giving certain people what they want."

He slightly nodded as if he understood.

"It's about the audience not him." I reminded.

"Thanks Lina." He placed his bag down sitting on Chloé bed. He noticed it was Chloé's by the amount of 90s posters that were splattered on the wall. "Chloé?" I nodded. "Man I ain't spoken to her in a while."

"Not even after I was gone?" He shook his head no in response. "Damn she hasn't changed anyway."

"She sure hasn't. I seen her a few times at parties and shit. I know she don't like me- hell she never liked me."

"I mean can you blame her?" I joked.

He threw a pillow at me and for the first time in a while, it felt like we were best friends again, like old times. "So I was thinking, I'm going to Zekes auntie dinner tonight. You know that party we went to that went down?"

"Yeah I remember." The fucking Tejadas.

"No doubt they're doing business, so I'm going to find out."

"Yeah that Monet bitch seemed hella sketchy to me."

"If they do end up being business, imma convince them to be our connect that way I can keep paying Ma." I felt bad not helping financially but my Ma only gave me a certain amount to survive me in collage, even that won't help 'Riq.

"I hear that, just be careful."

My phone rings from aside, I see the caller ID it was my own Ma. Oh shit she already properly heard the news. "It's Ma I gotta take it." Tariq gave me a quick side hug and left before I answered. "Hey Ma."