4. Hideous Beast

"I don't want you looking like yourself." Cersei remarked. Sashas face turned to her toes. "I will do your makeup and cover those awful marks before you ever see anyone of importance."

"Of course your grace. Whatever you wish." Sasha agreed.

"Before we get there tomorrow you will ride with me and you wont touch your face after." Cersei declared. "You understand, I dont want you messing it up."

"Of course your grace." Sasha agreed.

"Good." Cersei agreed.

In all honesty sasha didn't mind when cersei did her makeup. Made her look normal. It was the only time cersei would speak honestly and talk to her like she was a person when she was covering her face in layers of powders and pastes. Sasha hated the way her face felt but she liked when she got to spend time with her sister.

Cersei would spend hours with Sasha when their father wanted Sasha to attend something at the capital. Cersei would blabber on and on about how hard her life was, how she wasnt respected at the capital, she was the queen and should be loved by all. Yet she felt like a broodmare at times.

Sasha would sit silently, like a statue as Cersei complained about her life, her constant parties and galas, feasts, adoring patrons, a husband that was tall and handsome... well he was at the time. Time had changed Robert.

Cersei had a lot to complain about for the most beautiful and most powerful woman in westeros. It was like she didnt even take into consideration that she had made Sasha's life miserable. That her awful son did the same. No, no it was all about Cersei, all the time.

Everyone else was just background noise to the cersei show.

But when they were doing Sasha's makeup she got to pretend she was a normal girl and her sister wasnt a monster.

"Okay now listen here." Tyrion demanded of Loras and Barnes "my father wants me to look out for a good match for sasha-" loras rose his hand. "He doesnt like you enough." Tyrion corrected. "Do Sasha a favor and help me see if there is anyone suitable that sasha seems to like that might want to come south and be interrogated by my father." Tyrion instructed.

"Im offended. Im a great guy. Sasha already loves me." Loras declared. Tyrion tsked.

"She wants real love. She may not know it yet but she will and you cant give that to her."

"Sure I can!"  Loras objected. "I know how to please the opposite sex."

"Please the opposite... dear Gods." Tyrion mumbled shaking his head. "Did I leave out the part where Sasha and her betrothed will be staying at Casterly rock."

"What?" Loras countered.

"Yes." Tyrion agreed. "And im sure you and ser Barnes could get on-"

"Not my type." Barnes corrected.

"-well enough. But then Renly would be so lonely." Tyrion finished. Then he looked Barnes over again. "Really?"

"I get a bad reputation hanging out with you." Barnes muttered.

"Never would have guessed. You are so... pretty." Tyrion offered.

"Thank you my lord. I can assure you men love one blade of steel and women love the other." Barnes declared.

"You dont need that gunk on your face' Sandor had told Sasha that night. "Your sister needs it because shes a hideous beast but you dont." Sandor assured.

"Shes going to fix me so I can-"

"You dont need fixing." Sandor interrupted. Sandor had grown used to the names and commands he was a big guy. Scary not only in looks but in skills. He was used to the verbal abuse and thought he had thick skin to it but Sasha it was clear she just wanted her families approval. He hated seeing her so discouraged.

"I dont like the way I look." Sasha countered softly. She sat criss cross her back to the fire a glow around her but her face hidden in the shadows.

Sandor sighed heavily as he looked over her slouched posture the flames flickering behind her and he couldnt take another night of just watching her fade away. He leaned forward grabbing her gently and moving her into his lap. He wrapped his arms around her silently as she sat on his thick muscled thigh. He breathed her in as she leaned into his chest. 

"You are beautiful." Sandor whispered in her ear. She never believed it but the more sandor said it the more she thought he saw something in her that she didnt even see in herself.

"What about Clegane?" Loras pondered and Tyrions gaze snapped around to sandor and Sasha. "She seems cozy."

"Father would never allow it." Tyrion corrected.  "Even if I think Sasha might already be in love."