10. Grotesque

"Did you have a good night Tyrion?" Sasha pondered coming up to him.

"Oh it was so grand Sasha dearest but I fell asleep in the stables and did not make it to my bed." Tyrion realized.

"Well then you certainly had a good night." Sasha agreed

"And you... Am I still drunk or did you do something to your- Damn her, Sasha." Tyrion growled brushing himself off "you let cersei mess with your face!" Tyrion grumbled.

"I'd let her fix me." Sasha agreed.

"I don't know how many times I need to tell you but you do not need fixing."

"That is your personal opinion." Sasha reminded him.

"That is everyone's opinion that you are beautiful and sweet and wonderful and don't need that on your face-"

"I don't mind." Sasha corrected "she talks to me she really talks to me. And even if I'm not allowed to talk or move or blink when she does my eyes- I don't like when she does my eyes, I feel like she's stabbing my eyeballs." Sasha admitted. "But it's bonding with my sister and I've never... You and Jamie get along well enough you have that brothers bonding and I want to bond with my sister... Is that so wrong?"

"No that's not wrong." tyrion agreed with a heavy sigh. "I just wish we had a better sister for you to bond with."

Cersei pushed Jaime away wildly, shouting and pointing, he saw us, he saw us. Bran tried to pull himself up and away, he reached for the gargoyle he needed to be far away. His mother always said that one of these days he would be climbing and see something he wasnt supposed to. Today was that day.

Bran was in too much of a hurry to get away. His hand scraped uselessly across smooth stone, and in his panic his legs slipped, and suddenly he was falling back, this was the moment he died.

His head whipped back and he felt a rush of instant vertigo everything was spinning, a sickening lurch as the window flashed past.

Bran reached uselessly, blindly for the ledge, Jaime ran out trying to grab him

Jaime pulled out of her. Jaime ran to the window and grabbed Bran holding him still. Bran started to breathe heavy confused and scared as his eyes flickered between the twins.

'Are you completely mad?' Jaime questioned

' He saw us.' Cersei reminded Jaime.

'It's all right. It's all right.' Jaime assured his grip still tight on Bran's shirt.

'He saw us!' Cersei shouted as she righted herself.

'I heard you the first time.' Jaime remarked he turned to a very nervous Bran. 'Quite the little climber, aren't you? How old are you, boy?'

'Ten .' Bran said nervously

'Ten.' Jaime repeated looking to Cersei. "Ten, cersei...." Jaime repeated. But Cersei's stared was harsh. 'The things I do for love.'

+

''Time for breakfast. Bread. And two of those little fish. And a mug of dark beer to wash it down. And bacon, burned black.' Tyrion remarked looking over the food.

"I don't know how you eat burned black anything. All you going to taste is crunchy chard remnants of what once was." Sasha remarked.

"And I love it which is why you don't eat it you like yours perfect ratio crispy and soft because you are perfect." Tyrion agreed.

"I'm not perfect and I don't eat bacon." Sasha corrected innocently as she jammed her bread.

''Little brother.' Jaime remarked he took a seat beside Sasha pressing a kiss to her temple. "Little sister."

"Watch her face I spent the past hour fixing her." Cersei warned. Jaime raised his hands in surrender before giving sasha's knee a squeeze she smiled back at him

'Beloved siblings.' Tyrion said smirking back at them

'Is Bran going to die ?' Mycella questioned.

"No." Sasha corrected quickly. "He is not."

"What?" Cersei questioned harshly.

''Apparently not.' Tyrion told her picking at his food.

'What do you mean?' Cersei questioned, her eyes darting to Jaime.

''The Maester says the boy may live.' Tyrion told them and Cersei sucked in a breath trying to remain calm.

'It's no mercy, letting a child linger in such pain.' Cersei told him.

'Only the gods know for certain. All the rest of us can do is pray. The charms of the north seem entirely lost on you.' Tyrion remarked.

'I still can't believe you're going to the wall. It's ridiculous even for you.' Cersei told him.

"Wait youre going to the wall?" Sasha questioned as she wiped her lips.

"I am gorgeous, want to join me?" Tyrion pondered.

"Oh no im already freezing." Sasha corrected.

'Where's your sense of wonder? The greatest structure ever built, the intrepid men of the Night's Watch, the wintry abode of the White Walkers.' Tyrion mused.

'Tell me you're not thinking of taking the black.' Jaime teased and Tyrion scoffed.

"Oh tyrion i wouldnt know what to do without you!" Sasha declared.

''And go celibate? The whores would go begging from Dorne to Casterly Rock. And I couldn't leave my favorite sister behind." Sasha put a hand to her heart. "I just want to stand on top of the Wall and piss off the edge of the world.' Tyrion assured them.

"I am offended I came after whores though," sasha murmured.

'The children don't need to hear your filth. Come.' Cersei said leading her children away from the breakfast table, Tyrion's eyes followed them as he brought his cup to his lips.

"Bye auntie Sasha!" Myrcella called waving back at her.

"See you in a bit sweetie!" Sasha called back.

''Even if the boy lives, he'll be a cripple, a grotesque. Give me a good clean death any day.' Jaime remarked.

"I dont know about that..." sasha whispered.

"Oh sasha you know I didnt mean you." Jaime assured quickly.

'Speaking for the grotesques," tyrion cut in "I'd have to disagree. Death is so final, whereas life... Life is full of possibilities. I hope the boy does wake. I'd be very interested to hear what he has to say.' Tyrion remarked.

'My dear brother, there are times you make me wonder whose side you're on.' Jaime said down to him. Tyrion offered a coy smile.

'My dear brother, you wound me. You know how much I love my family.' Tyrion reminded him.

"Im no longer hungry." Sasha remarked as she got up. "Excuse me."

"Sasha-" Jaime reached for her.

"I know you didnt mean me. But if cersei said it or heard it she would have looked in my direction." Sasha remarked.

"You are bea-" jaime began but she cut him off.

"Jaime, thank you. But its funny, maybe not funny ha ha but strange maybe is a better way to put it... no matter how many times tyrion or you say it. I just never will feel beautiful."