Prologue

Sameer never thought that the mother he hated to the very core for past 15 years will be able to tie him with a responsibility that he has to take up whether he likes it or not.

Although he always thought that Gayatri Rathod held no value in his life and all he felt for her was hate but still her death has affected him more that he care to admit.

Just 2days back when he was happy in his life, all hell break loose and he was contacted by his long lost mother. A mother who he thought for her own selfish reasons left him, his dad and Samarth (his younger brother) without any reason. Sam was just a 4year old back then. He himself was just 12 but he grew up overnight and took up responsibility of himself and his brother.

Their dad Mr. Sanjay Rathod was a very impatient and short-tempered man. Though he never raised his hand on the boys but he never even made them feel safe and loved. After Gayatri left him, he immersed himself in his mafia activities and alcohol. Though he was never an involved parent for sameer and sam but atleast they were never in want for anything accept a family.

Sameer wanted to hate her, not belive her but what can he do the truth she has told him was staring back at him. Sammar a 14 year old was there in front of him. Gayatri on her death bed told Sameer that she was pregnant at the time she left that house, she was scared for her life, for her unborn child. Sanjay Rathod never raised his voice on his boys but his wife was different story. She was beaten black and blue for the smallest of mistakes and sometimes just for fun. When she couldn't take it any longer she just ran away. Leaving her children behind was her life's biggest regret but she did what she had to do at that time. 7months after she left the house she gave birth to Sammar. He was her life, and though she has always told him about his brothers but also told him that he can never talk or meet with them. But destiny has its own plan.

6 months back she got to know that she has pancreatic cancer and doesn't have more than 6-7months of her life left. She was a teacher in dehradun and raised Sammar with limited resources but unlimited love. When death came knocking on her door she had no option left but to ask her eldest son to take up responsibility for his youngest son. His youngest brother.

2 days back when she contacted Sameer, he agreed to meet her because he wanted to give her a piece of his mind, to shout on her, to tell her to burn in hell but when he reached that hospital room he was shattered to see a meek image of his mother hanging on to her last breath so that she can beg Sameer to take care of Sammar after her death. She won't apologize for what she did to them because she knew there was no forgiveness for her sins. But she have to know that her Sammar will be taken care of even after her death.

Sameer was shocked to the core when he got to know about Sammar, his brother. His 14 years old brother he knew nothing about. He promised her to take care of him, to love and accept him as his own and with that Gayatri took her last breath.

Sameer entered the only bedroom of that  small house and saw Sammar. It broke his heart in thousand pieces to see the boy like that. He was sitting on the floor in a corner hugging his knees and bowing his head. His has covered his face with his palms and his whole body was shaking with the sobs. Sameer went near him and removed his hands from his face. He looked at Sammar for a moment and than looked away. The boy looked so fragile that he was scared that he will break if sameer will take a longer look at him. Sameer gathered his courage and was about to say something when

Sammar - Bhaiya

Sameer shocked - you know me?

Sammar just nodded his head and a tear slipped from his already tear filled eyes. Although Sameer wanted to embrace him but he wasn't sure if the boy was ready for it.

He just nodded his head and said - we will leave for Mumbai tomorrow don't be bothered about packing you can get anything you want from there. If you want to take something important with you rightnow that's fine, rest I'll arrange for it to be delivered in a day Or so.

Saying this he left.