Chapter 12 Past

Sameer was sitting on his bed, his eyes closed. He had so much pain on his face that it was looking like if he will open his eyes, whole house will drown in his pain.
The past was so clearly playing in his mind.

Flashback
Almost 15 years back

Sameer "mumma kahan chali gayi dad? Aap pls unhe wapas le aaiye, Sam bohut udaas hai dad, subah se theek se kha bhi nahi raha hai, bas roye ja raha hai. Mujhe bhi unki bohut yaad aa rahi hai, pls dad bring mumma back, we really need her dad. We can't live without her"

"Chali gayi hai wo tumhe chod kar" Yelled Mr. Rathod. A 12year old sameer got scared and flinched at his tone and voice.

"She is a selfish woman sameer, she never cared for you or for your brother. She never cared for any of us. Usse jo chahiye tha wo sab lekar wo chali gayi hai, apni jindagi apne hisab se jeene ke liye. Apni aiyashiya use tumse aur tumhare bhai se jyada pyari hai. Itne saalo me kamayi izzat ko mitti me milakar, mere diye pyaar aur bharose ko kuchal kar wo hamesha hamesha ke liye chali gayi hai." Mr. Rathod yelled again, without realizing that he was filling his 12 year old son's heart with poison against his own mother. Or may be he did realise it that's why he was saying all this hiding his own tortures against his wife.

Sameer mustered all the courage that he can and meekly said "aisa nahi hai, mumma mujhe aur sam ko bohut pyaar karti hai dad, wo hum dono ko kabhi nahi chhod sakti. Agar wo chali gayi to hum kaise jiyenge dad, sam ki to baatein bhi sirf mumma ko hi samajh aati hai, wo mumma ke bina kaise jiyega?" Just then sam came running near his bhaiya and said "bhaiya mumma?" And started crying profusely

Sameer folded his hands in front of Mr. Rathod and said "pls dad, mere liye na sahi sam ke liye hi sahi, pls find mumma, he really needs her, he won't be able to survive without her"

Mr Rathod was burning in anger, and the fact that he was drunk wasn't a good news either. He just wanted to destroy gayatri and anything that remind him of her. Sam was continuously crying for his mother. Mr. Rathod saw red and grabbed sam and threw him against the wall. In his drunk state he has lost all his senses.

Sam hit the wall and fell on the ground with a thud. His head started bleeding and within seconds he lost consciousness. Sameer was too stunned to see his fathers act to react.

"Us aurat aur usse jude har insaan, har cheez ko barbaad kar dunga main." Saying this he took angry steps towards Sam again, just as he was about to grab him again sameer threw himself between them and fight his father with all his will and might. Hearing the loud voices Devansh kaka (father of ananya and then the right hand of Mr. Rathod) stepped inside and was shocked to see what was happening. He grabbed Mr Rathod and dragged him away from sameer and Sam. Mr. Rathod was behaving like a raging bull, in his state he was overpowering Devansh, the latter took out a bottle Of Chloroform from his Pocket and with great difficulty was able to knock him out.

Once Mr. Rathod fainted Devansh moved towards sameer who was clutching Sam close To his chest and crying. Devansh picked Sam and dragged sameer with him out of the car and made his way towards his car. He made sameer sit on the back seat and laid down Sam near him. He took out his handkerchief and pressed it on sam's wound and instructed sammar to press on it to stop bleeding. He took the driver's seat and left. Devansh drove like there was no tomorrow and reached hospital within minutes. He once again picked Sam and asked sameer to follow him. They ran inside the hospital and asked doctor to look at Sam. Doctor took Sam into ICU immediately and started treating him.

Once Sam's treatment started Devansh looked at sameer who himself was looking half dead. His clothes were stained with sam's blood and his cheeks were stained with dried tear lines. Devansh made sameer sit on the nearby bench, he didn't knew what to say to the child sitting next to him. So he just engulfed him in a hug and let him have some comfort. Sameer came out of his trance and held Devansh tightly.