Chapter 1

It was an ordinary day, just like the rest, the sun was visible, the skies were blue, to anyone, it would be the first thing they think of when they heard the word paradise...

But to monika, it was hell at its lowest circle

It was all fake, everything, from the skies to her house, even her own parents. How long has she been in this purgatory? Five years? Six?

She concluded that it was six

But out of all of the things that were fake in this place, there was one thing that always felt real, other than her feeling of monotony.

To be specific, it was three things, not even things, but people. It was the three members of her "literature club that she was the president of"

She knew she really wasn't the president of the club. That was just the role she was given upon being birthed into this nightmare

Regardless, the three members of the club were probably, if not, the only thing she actually enjoyed in this place. They felt like real people, with emotions and feelings. She always looked forward to it.

Speaking of looking forward to it, she figured it was time to get out of bed.

—————————————————-

Monika got dressed, made her bed, ate breakfast, brushed her teeth, packed her supplies and...instantly teleported to her first period.

Monika never really payed attention to her classes, why should she? She already knew the material because of how many times she's been in this treacherous cycle. It was always the same. Always.

The one thing she wish she had control over in this stupid reality was speed, how fast or slow she could make time go. But she knew that would never happen, she's not in an emulator, which means no frame-advance or save states and all the other fancy sh*t, gotta take things slow and steady, except now, the race never stops.

After another day of nothing, Monika teleports to the club room and waits... she waits and waits. After what felt like an eternity to her, the first club member walks in.

It was yuri, the tall, shy, purple haired bookworm who would have her nose so deep in a book, she sometimes misses some of her classes. Behind her was natsuki, who was the complete opposite. Short, loud, never backs down from a fight (except for him), and reads manga. It was of no surprise to Monika that she was right behind yuri considering how they started dating a month ago (to them). Last but not least was the cheerful Sayori who always brought a smile to everyone's face. It was a running joke in the club for Sayori to be late for school because she's a heavy sleeper (except she wasn't).

When everyone was finished reading each others poems, it was time for Monika to announce what the club would be doing for the upcoming school festival, so she claps her hands together to make an announcement.

"Ok everyone! Today weeee......err....uh"

sudden thoughts began to cross her mind.

(Why do I just give in to this madness?)

(Is it that just my purpose here?)

(It can't be...there must be more out there)

As she contemplated, the club members looked at their president in confusion

"Moni? Are you okay?"

"Did you have a stroke?"

"Have you gotten any sleep?

Monika snapped out of her trance and realized what was happening. She lowered her head and took a deep breath.

"There's uh, there's something I need to tell you three..."