Chapter 7 - Aches of Romance

"Ok so before we head in, let's try to predict what we'll find here based on past experience." Suggested Monika

"So.... The blue one involved water, the pink one involved fire which kinda makes sense since pink is a shade of red. The purple one kinda broke the cycle but then again what kind of obstacle comes to mind when you hear the color purple?"

Silence...

"Yeah exactly. So that's why I think this zone will feature plant life." Theorized nat

"Ok, that makes sense. If that's the case, what do you think we'll find here?" Asked Monika

"Pretty flowers!"

"Huge Venus flytraps that crave human flesh."

"Yea! Wait what?"

"Sayori, do you really think we'll find anything positive here after all we been through?" Yuri questioned

"....a little....."

"I'm sorry to burst your bubble but I don't think we'll find anything positive till we climb back up."

"Oh, ok"

"Aaannyways, regardless of whatever may be in here, let's keep our weapons out in preparation." Monika said

With that, they set off into the green zone,  where they found.... Nothing. There was nothing of note worthy that they saw, it was just like the the streets they walked on so many times to school, only with a filter of green.

There were no entities. There were no traps. There were no unique hazards. The only sounds that were present were the sounds of the wind blowing and the girl's footsteps that echoed through the residential wasteland as they wandered towards the green beacon, never letting their guard down.

"I-is the game trying to joke around with us? Because it's not very funny and the silence is getting to me..." natsuki said

"I'm not sure...." Monika responded

Eventually, they made it to the source of the beacon, but unlike the others, there was no large area beforehand that would be used as a battlefield against a huge beast, it was in the place one would usually find a house.

That house in particular..... was Sayoris house?

But, didn't they already do Sayori's house back in the blue zone? Why was it here instead of Monika's house. With caution, they approached and entered the house. It had the exact same layout as the one in the blue zone, down to the positioning of the furniture. The only difference was sayoris room.

They slowly opened the door.

Inside was...Sayori...except she was in the green filter everything else was in. She hanged from a noose in the middle of the room. Her neck was broken. Her eyes were blacked out with a thick tar like liquid pouring from them.

"I-is that...me?"

Just then, they noticed the beacon coming from the hanging figure.

Yuri then began to theorize

"The end of each of these zones holds something that's important to a specific member of the club. Sayori with her red bow, natsuki with her stickers, and me with my book. Do you know why this Sayori is so important to you?"

Monika caught on to what yuri was saying and let out a loud sigh. She wasn't sure if her heart was ready for this moment.

"Sayori, I have a confession to make."

"Yes moni? You know you could tell me anything"

"I....have known about your depression for a long long time, possibly as long as I have been here.