Chapter - 1

The widow system here in the book described is completely fictional and doesn't exist in India. I hope you don't make an impression on a country based upon a fictional BOOK which isn't true atleast. Since it is an international platform i feel responsible to clear this thing out regarding India. Thanks.

******

Aasha's pov.

Today.

The first day of my married life and i don't know what exactly is happening around me. Everything here seems unfair and i only get to watch as if I'm invisible to this all people. None has their eyes on me but only at their dead son and some women who is crying over his body.

Today it is supposed to be the day where i should be following rituals as per a new bride. But here i was widowed with white saree.

The ironic is though I'm his wife there is some other women crying over him as if she is his wife. His dead body was laid on the floor covered with white sheet with people surrounding him and a woman over his chest as she weeped like a women who is sincerely in vain at his departure.

While me. I sat out of all those people away from the body leaning back to the pillar with my legs cuddled to my chest, my hands around my legs as i looked at her with zero expression as the tear strains on my cheeks itched. I'm totally out casted from his people while I'm his wife.

I really don't understand anything. I was married just yesterday and i became a widow today. And no one came to console me but strangely three women who is his mother, aunt and sister were consoling that particular women while I am staring at them as a lost case.

I don't even know wether i have to cry or not. Not once we had a good interaction with each other. The last time I was terrified to the bones listening to his words. What kind of husband would offer his wife to his friends. I was so afraid about this marriage. I even planned to get my self killed if he anytime would offer me to his friends.

But fate played a total different thing and i don't know wether to be thankful or not. Sure I'm happy that I'm not in his clutch but his death isn't something I didn't wished for as well. As a girl i had my dreams about marriage. The day i supposed to wear red saree and hear laughings were now resonating with cries and white colour. Now my husband is dead i wonder if I'm going to spend my whole life like a widow. With no husband in my fate. I didn't even got to enjoy a moment of my martial status. If i have any reason to cry now, then it is only on my own fate. I'm going to spend my life like a widow with no day dreamings about my married life and dance.

The rituals started as they weighed the body on their shoulders and took to the crematorium to burn the body. I thought atleast now I'll be walking with them along with the body. Yet she was the one who is following him by close while leaning on my mother in law as she gave her shoulder. The scene looked betraying. Soon the body was burned and his ashes were collected.

Everyone was back to home by the evening and i was asked to make tea for all of them. After making tea i started to serve everyone. But mother in law was no where to see and i can only assume that she is gone to do some other rituals. I finally reached to his room which i consider mine as his wife but..... I again found her in his room.

Strange. Why she is every where, that i supposed to be at?

Lying on the bed, with a shirt in her hand.....

I gulped away the unusual feeling.

And I'm again clueless, or i choose to be clueless seeing something unacceptable. Here i feel i don't have the authority to question anyone and same goes to this stranger. But who is she exactly. I wonder if she is someone particular to him and though i don't have any emotion for him, it felt betraying and deceiving. I don't want myself to be cheated or be tricked because they think I'm dumb.