Chapter Two: Bedwars

Over the following days I just couldn't seem to shake him from my mind. I'd had enough of helping I'm_A_Squid_Kid, so I decided to clear my head and play some bedwars.

After several exhilarating games I continued my new win-streak of 641. I was collecting some diamonds for my other members, teetering over the endless abyss, when suddenly I noticed all the other beds were gone. A chill ran up my spine, how was that even possible? I noticed the pink braid trailing behind a familiar figure- Technoblade? I'd come here to rid my thoughts of him, yet somehow he returned. At this point I could kiss my streak goodbye.

I watched in awe as he killed player after player, clearing beds all by himself as his teammates struggled to even collect resources and bridge. He was certainly a one-man show, and I could respect that. They called him the Blood God for a reason, but what was Orphan Slayer all about?

Before I knew it my bed was broken and my teammates had been pushed off the edge; it was the end of the show for cyan. It was just me and Techno now, or well, besides the rest of his team anyway. I found myself cornered in my base staring into his gleaming red eyes once again.

"All's fair in Love and War-" He frowned, "Or was it Art and War? Im mixing it all up," he shook his head, "Your not even going to try and fight back, Y/n?"

I smiled, "You're the unkillable player. Techno never dies, right? I did my research." I remained in the seating position, "Go ahead, end my streak. You've won fair and square," I shrugged.

His eyes softened and his face twisted as he came to a decision, sitting down next to me. "How about we just talk?" It really caught me off-guard, maybe there was more to Techno than just what met the eye.

"Seems good to me," I said. The awkwardness had dissipated from between us, and soon I found myself rattling about the Potato War, Squid's obsession to win, and how I was caught in the middle. Patiently he listened and responded to it all. Time passed by, and the game was coming to a close.

"Take your crown back," I said sweetly and placed it on top of his head. It seemed fitting, like the perfect resting place. There was a moment of silence, then, suddenly from behind me came one of his forgotten pink teammates... bam I was dead with two hits from the sword. It had happened so fast he never even got to say thank you. I woke up in the lobby, disappointed we couldn't talk more and that my streak was gone. I cursed myself for getting distracted and went back to my own base in Skyblock, tired and in need of rest.

I wasn't expecting Squid to be there.

"Y/n what the fuck?" He seemed kind of angry? "How could you be running around and playing stupid games with the enemy? Are you my friend or not? Have you been giving him intel?"

"I don't care about the Potato War," I said, exasperated. "Have you been stalking me or something? How did you know we met up?"

"The crown was missing," He glared. "Don't come back to my island ever again. I mean it Y/n!" He hurriedly stormed away and left the island. A tear fell down my cheek and I sat on my sofa, shocked. He had been my best friend since we were in the eighth grade, and he was up and running from me talking to somebody? But perhaps I had betrayed him, perhaps I was wrong after all. I heard the purple particles again and groaned, who was here now?

My new friend came and sat down beside me, "If you need a shoulder to cry on I'm here," Techno said, "And I'm... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have interfered in the first place and I know we just met but. The voices like you." When I didn't respond he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me close. My heart fluttered and I almost pulled away at his touch, but I caved and snuggled beside him. It felt good to have somebody there through the rough times, no matter their intentions. I knew it was likely he was just trying to hurt Squid through me, but at that moment the only two people that mattered, not existed, were me and the Orphan Slayer. Me and the piglin hybrid I'd just met. The one who drove me away from my best friend. The one who somehow or another got me to open up and just talk.

I sniffled, and whispered quietly, "How did you do that? Talk...?"

"I just listened," He looked down at me and rested his head on mine, "I figured you shouldn't be caught up in this war. I'll set it all right; don't worry Y/n. He got up and winked again, but this time I winked back. Techno did his familiar chuckle, then disappeared into the light. Who knows what would happen next at this point?

------------------------------

862 Words! Please remember to stay hydrated and listen to the above playlist. I assure you it will not only be nostalgic, but empowering to remember him haha. *Cries