Chapter Three: Skybattle

I was busy planting potatoes with Squid again, but my friend seemed to be almost in a daze. It's like I'm_A_Squid_Kid was planning something, and I was worried that it would be against Technoblade. Scratch that, it was definitely against Techno.

"Maybe you two find a way to settle this once and for all," I suggested. "Some kind of battle in bedwars or something, settle the scores and the loser has to stop farming potatoes."

"He's better than me though," Squid explained. "Techno would defeat in bedwars anyday, or really any PVP. I just have to keep farming potatoes. That's all I can do at this point," To say he was obsessed was an understatement.

''I'm going to Techno's place,'' I said. ''Maybe I'll knock some sense into him or something.''

''Since when were you two best pals?'' Squid snapped. Nonetheless he went back to grinding his potatoes and I left. There had to be some way to stop this madness once and for all. It had gone on long enough, and it was exhausting now being stuck in the middle.

When I arrived at Techno's base for the first time, I was left in a state of utter shock. It was... beautiful here. For a potato farmer you might think there would be tons of redstone contraptions or ugly buildings filling up the space, but he had really brought nature here.

"Hey," He was leaning against his shovel. "Want to see my favorite place here?" His monotone voice never ceased to make my legs weak. I was only here for business, right?

"S-sure," The hybrid beckoned me to follow him. We walked down a winding path through the woods and made it to a small pond. A few fish were scattered across the water, and we both sat on an oak bench together. Bees were humming and a few parrots were tweeting in the bamboo forest he'd created.

"So peaceful here," I complimented. Technoblade brought his arm around me and tried to bring me closer, but I flinched.

"Sorry..." He said, embarrassed.

"It's not you," I said ashamedly, "The war isn't over yet. I have to think about Squid at least a little. I've known him for years-" I began, "But let's be honest here. I can't stop thinking about you." I caught him blushing and he turned his head quickly away. Giggling, I leaned my head against his shoulder. At ease again we both watched the bees go bye and the fish swim. For a moment I forgot about everything else. Just two people enjoying themselves in the warm spring air, that's all it was now.

After our visit together I began to dream about spending even more time with him. Playing bedwars, talking for hours, and more walks down the winding path to watch the animals play. Once again I was forgetting about the Potato War and Squid. I felt so guilty, but I mean the heart wants what it wants?

"Y/n," Uh oh. Squid was practically on the verge of tears when he saw me, "How are you bozo?" I laughed, but this was certainly no joke. He swallowed and continued, "Do whatever you want U/n (So formalities now?), but I can't do this anymore. I can't let anything distract me, so just. leave." My heart dropped to my feet, did he seriously mean that? I had my own Skyblock home, but I considered this to be my home away from home.

"Look Squid I'm sorry- I promise we're only friends, I mean," But suddenly he interrupted me.

"You love him," He whispered. "And, and I can respect that but. I just can't see you around here anymore, okay?"

"I swear I don't," Oh great, I was ugly crying now. "Please listen," My voice cracked, "You're my best friend, and I'll support you in everything. I won't let anybody stand in the way of that," But once again I'm_A_Squid_Kid interjected.

"Being your best friend is all I'll ever be."

Oh fuck how did I never realize it? Holy shit. My best friend loved me- like really loved me. My head was spinning, and I just had to get out of there. Be alone for once. I mouthed a goodbye and instantly teleported to Bedwars. This wasn't an ordinary battle between them. It was the battle of the sky. It no longer had anything to do with potatoes or titles, but honor. I'd stripped Squid of that when I betrayed him. I just had to get out of there. Maybe even leave all of Hypixel for good. Yeah... that seemed good.

--------------------------------------

764 Words. Omg I was listening to Potato Wars last night for inspiration and. wow. Please remember to vote and follow for more content, its free and only takes a second of your time. According to my analytics only a small percent of you are following. :)