Chapter Four: New World

A whole new world. Just for me. (Derivakat reference?) The water sparkled near spawn, the lake teaming with life. The warm sun fractured its light through the trees. Clouds drifted in the breeze, and a few wolves patrolled the forest.

"Wish I had a bone to tame you," I said softly. "Now where to build my base?" There wasn't any rush here, no wars. Just me all alone in a peaceful little world. I began mining my first tree, spruce wood. I crafted my first table, then my first pickaxe. I got some stone, crafted my second pick, then killed some sheep for wool. I made a bed, slept my first night. You know what I realized? This was boring as hell. I instantly left and headed straight back to Skyblock.

"Miss me?" I arrived at Squid's home, expecting an apology or at least a welcome. Yet... he wasn't here? I knew him, why would he be leaving when he could farm potatoes? I walked around the farm in search of him, but there were no signs. Confused, I left and went to Technos.

Another shocker. He wasn't there.

This is when I actually began to panic, Techno only left his island to AFK on Squids with pets to stop his machine from working. I sat down on a log-bench to have a good long think. I'd only been gone a day, so chances were nothing bad had happened, right? I saw the portal shimmer, and out stepped Technoblade. For a second I felt relief, until I noticed his crown was missing. Hurt, I wondered if he gave it to somebody else after my sudden disappearance.

"Oh hey Y/n," Was he worried? Come to think of it, I'd never seen the hybrid the slightest bit afraid. He was usually bold and stubborn, like Squid x2.

"I was going to make a world and play there, but I got bored. What happened to your princess tiara?"

Panic flashed into his as he frantically tried to find it. "Goddamnit they stole it, this is not good. Not good at all."

"Who?" I inquired.

"Your little friend," He grumbled, "That was my favorite one. No matter, I'll get that and the Potato crown as well." Sighing, I let him be. Had Squid really tried to jump the Orphan Slayer? What kind of move was that? This was supposed to be a non-violent war.

I went to my ex-best friend's island, he was crying all alone. The golden object was laying in the dirt in front of him. I rushed to his side and comforted him, "What's going on?"

"Just a second ago-" He mumbled, "Technoblade won. He won everything!" I'm_A_Squid_Kid sniffled, "The potatoes. You. everything that I possessed."

(Anybody want a squid x reader?)

It didn't look like there was anyway to cheer him up, but that's when I realized it. "Just because he has more potatoes it doesn't mean that he won anything! You're still in the game, get back out there buddy. You'll beat him eventually! Besides," My heart swelled, "Your still my best friend. I would never betray you like that."

"Stop seeing him," Squid snapped. "I don't care about him or potatoes, I just want you safe? You being involved in this frustrates me more than anything."

"I-" It was a simple loss for words. Swallowing, I continued, "I'm sorry, okay? I know that I've fallen for the wrong guy, but I've helped you so much already. Can't I just have this one thing?"

"What happened to you leaving?" He grumbled, getting up. "If you're not going to change, you should just stay away. I'm tired of being hurt Y/n, can I just be alone?"

"Sure..." I left and headed back to my own barren island. A tiny shack house, barely anything in the chests? That's what I get for opening up and helping my childhood friend. Whatever.

---------------------------------------

649 Words- okay damn I'm sorry. My motivation for anything Mcyt related has just plummeted, I might try to switch up my content a little bit.