Chapter 21

It was a beautiful spring day. The birds were singing and the flowers were blooming. The sun shone brightly over the city that never sleeps, lighting up everything it touched. Besides the occasional blare of a car horn from some angry driver, the day was peaceful.

Thinking about all of this, Mel smiled softly as he felt the warm rays of the sun touch his face. He was thoroughly enjoying this moment with Buddy. The pug glanced down at his boyfriend. Fast asleep, the dachshund had the most beautiful smile on his face at the moment. His tail was also wagging in his sleep. It wagged even faster when Mel leaned down and planted a kiss on his head.

A whole month had passed. That's how long Mel and Buddy had been dating. And it was the best month of their entire lives. Each day was a new favorite for the pair as their relationship blossomed into something beautiful. As far as Mel was concerned, there was nothing that could stop their love.

Well, except the fact they had to tell people.

Oh yeah, the dumb dumbs hadn't told anyone about their relationship yet. How were they supposed to do it? Max and Gidget made it look so easy. Then again, everyone knew that the Pomeranian had a massive crush on the Jack Russell terrier. And they had all been there when the two finally proclaimed their love. Still, they made it look so easy. How could Mel and Buddy possibly achieve that?

Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, Mel gazed down at Buddy once more. Seeing his boyfriend at peace with the world was enough to make his day. Giving the dachshund another kiss on his forehead, the pug pulled him closer just as his phone went off. He had just received a text. At the same time, Buddy's phone screen lit up. He had also received a text. Waking up, the dachshund yawned sleepily as he murmured, "What is it this time?"

"Meeting, Snowball's request," Mel answered. Buddy groaned in response. This was gonna be fun.