Its my fault

The sun shone on everyone. Im glad I wore the dress I did, I didn't think it would be this hot today.

      I continued to walk as people roared and cheered. Calling out our names, shouting words of admiration.

       I like seeing our people. Seeing the love they have for my family and me. I like meeting people and shaking their hands. Seeing their beautiful faces and the wonderful smiles on their faces. It's amazing.

      I walked towards a guy with glasses who had a bouquet of pretty purple flowers. He stood against the metal barricade separating him and me.

      "Dear princess, please accept these flowers I brought." His raspy voice said. Maybe he smoked. Either way, I smiled and took them from him.

        They smelled different.

       "What flowers are these?"

         The guy smiled, "They are called Monkshoods. Lovely are they not?"

      I nodded. "They are. Thank you so much, you've just made my day."

       "Oh princess, I have no greater pleasure. May I have the honor of receiving a hug?"

        I stepped towards him and wrapped my arms around him. He smells like sweat and the flowers he gave me. The guys grip tightened on me as I to let go. What the heck.

       "Sir, thank you so much but I must keep walking." I said nicely. I hope he lets go of me now.

      "No." His grip got tighter.

      "P-pardon. Sir please let go." Why isn't he letting go of me? I want him to let go.

       "You and me are meant to be, don't you see it. God has fated us to meet because he knows our love is strong. We are one, Princess. We are meant for each other!"

       What is he even saying! I don't even know him!

       "Let go, now." I said a little loudly. I put my hands on his shoulders and tried my best to push him away. For how skinny he is, he's strong.

       "Don't fight it Princess!" He yelled. His breath blowing against my ear.

        "Let go!" This time I screamed and tried my best to wriggle out of his grasp. "Let's go! Let go!" I hope people have noticed this. I felt tears prick my eyes. Please someone, anyone help me!

       "Either you get your hands off of her, or I fucking break them off your body."

       I continued to wiggle as the pair of arms slowly came off of me. The weird man started stepping away but I watched as Kit hopped over the barricade and tackle him down. Many other officers and guards followed.

       "Mary!" Candice said. My parents right behind her. As my dad barked orders at the guards to take the man away, my mom put her hands on my checks.

       "Honey are you alright? Who was that man? Oh my lord." She pulled me into a hug and I don't know why but I pushed her away.

         "Oh honey, I'm sorry." Mom said. She looked....hurt. What did I just do? She was trying to comfort me. I...why did I push her away, what's wrong with me?

        My mind buzzed. Things seemed to keep blurring. I held up one of my hands to steady my vision but it didn't help considering my hand are shaking so bad. Wait, how come my hands are shaking this badly?

       You're scared! It felt like someone yelled inside my head. I almost turned to see where the voice was coming from.

      I want to leave. I want to leave. I want to leave. "I want to leave." I finally said out loud.

       Mom nodded. "Candice, go escort your sister back to the palace and stay there. Make sure she's alright till we get back." Candice nodded. Mom was about to reach out to me but stopped herself. 

       I sat in the bathtub scrubbing myself till my skin was raw and red. I don't know how long I've been in here. I just couldn't seem to get the feeling of the man's tight sweaty grip off of me. I wanted it off.

       I shouldn't have gone to him. I shouldn't have hugged him, nor accepted the flowers. What was I thinking? This is my fault. I worried everyone because I wasn't thinking. What is wrong with me?

       Someone knocked on the door. "Yes? Who is it?"

       "Me...Candice. Can I come in?"

       I didn't want her in here. I didn't want her to see me. I didn't answer.

         " I won't come in if you don't want me to, it's just that you've been in here for a couple hours. I wanted to see if you are okay....are you alright?"

                No, I don't think I am alright. Not at all actually. "It was scary." I said. "I'm...I'm scared Candice." Tears that I didn't even realize were there fell down my cheeks.

              "I'm so sorry Mary. I don't know what to say. This won't happen again, I'll make sure of it."

             "How? This is my fault anyway."

             Candice quickly opened the door and looked at me as if I head three heads. "Have you lost it? In no way shape or form is this your fault Mary!" She came over and sat on bathroom floor, taking my hands into hers. "This is not your fault. You didn't know that man. You didn't know what he would do. Do not blame yourself for giving kindness to someone who took it for granted."

          "B-but, I went up to him first. I-I-if I hadn't, than this wouldn't have been a problem." I was no longer crying now. I was full on sobbing. My breathing quickened and tears kept pouring down my face. I felt horrible.

          I reached out towards Candice and hugged her. She held onto me as though I was sand and could slip out of  her grasp at any moment.

         "He's in custody now Mary, he's not able to hurt you again. All I ask," she put her hands on my cheeks and wiped my tears away. "Is that you never, ever blame yourself. Ever. Can you promise me that? No matter what, don't blame your self for the nastiness in others." She held out her pinky towards me and I intertwined hers with mine.

       Maybe what she said is right. Maybe this isn't my fault after all. So why am I still blaming myself?

       "Be the way, some guard was asking about you earlier. He wanted to see you but I told him no. Do you know him?"

        No way, "What did he look like?"

       "Tall, muscular, black hair, gray eyes." Candice said, looking at me. I avoided her eye contact.

        "You do know him! Who is he?"

        "Someone.."

       "Mary." Candice said in her serious voice.

        "Well....he is Prince Daniels personal body guard. We're...friends."

        "Friends?"

        I nodded. She looked at me like she was waiting for me to say more but I'm wasn't going to. There was nothing more to say.

       Candice hummed. "Well your friend looked very worried. At first he insisted on seeing you but once I told him no, he asked that I let you know he stopped by."

       Kit worried about me? My heart swelled and I felt like there were butterflies in my stomach. I'll have to text him later.