Chapter 6: Ketsumi's Starting Line

Time skip~(5 months later)

Third person pov:

Ketsumi was 14 years old today, and she was proud of it. She had been dating Chinatsu for 5 months, she had taken the Ketsubutsu Academy mock test and aced it(Ketsubutsu had their mock test a few months earlier than U.A.'s), and now she was planning to take the U.A. High mock test later on this year. She was so confident that she started keeping her wings out more outside her home.
Ketsumi had never really liked her bat wings after her parents had died; she had been bullied for having her bat wings in her elementary school years and first year in middle school, so she eventually stopped keeping her wings out except around Hitoshi and the other kids in the orphanage. Chinatsu had been helping her feel more comfortable about her wings, and Ketsumi fell even harder for her.

Ketsumi's wings were vibrating out of excitement and anticipation today. Chinatsu had said that she had a birthday present and surprise for her, so she was daydreaming about what they were. She thought the surprise would have something to do with their relationship, based on Chinatsu hinting about it, but she had no idea what her birthday present was going to be.
Ketsumi got out of her bed, got ready for the day, and left her room. She and Hitoshi had separate rooms now, since there was a vacant room after Asako had left 7 months ago.

She came down the stairs, and was greeted by a loud "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KETSUMI!" from her family. Yes, Ketsumi now thought of Kohaku, Hidenori, Hinata, and Mikoto as her honorary family, while she saw Matron as her guardian, nothing more, nothing less.

"Happy birthday, Ketsumi," Hitoshi said as he handed her a present.
Kohaku also gave Ketsumi her present. "Here you go, 'Sumi," he said with a slight blush on his face. "Thanks, Toshi, Mc'Foxy! I can't wait to open them later! Oh, and Kohaku? Don't call me Sumi." She said happily. Hidenori and Hinata came up to her with presents. "Um, Sumi-chan, me and Hidenori decided to buy you presents jointly this time, so we hope you like it," Hinata said shyly.
"I'm sure it's awesome, 'Nata," Ketsumi said as she ruffled her hair. Mikoto said, "My present is a surprise, so you'll have to wait." "I wonder what it is," Ketsumi said playfully.

"Well, I've got to go on my date with Chinatsu, so bye you guys!" Ketsumi said happily. She left her orphanage, and she met with Chinatsu, who was waiting outside for her. She hugged Ketsumi and kissed her.
"Hey, 'Sumi! I've got a surprise for you, you'll love it!" Chinatsu excitedly said.
"I can't wait to find out what it is, Chinatsu-chan," Ketsumi said.
They walked until Chinatsu put a blindfold on Ketsumi. "Your surprise starts now!" She said enthusiastically.
Chinatsu grabbed her hand and was leading Ketsumi.

Ketsumi's pov:

I was about to make Chinatsu tell me where she was taking me, (since we had been walking for 30 minutes), when she she pulled off my blindfold and I saw where we were at. She had taken me to a  planetarium, and we were in the galaxy  section. If ya don't know, I love things having to do with stars, planets and whatnot; especially galaxies and black holes.

"Oh my gosh, you took me here? I love this, bae, thank you so much!!" I shrieked excitedly. I grabbed her hand and dragged her to my favorite galaxy, the Andromeda galaxy. "So, you see, this galaxy here? It's the closest galaxy to ours, the Milky Way, and they're going to collide in about 4 billion years," I rambled to her.
"Isn't that bad, though?" She asked me.
"It is, but we won't be alive to see it, or our descendants, unless they moved to a different planet that won't be affected by the two galaxies colliding," I replied. "Hopefully by that time, humanity will still be around though." I added in thought. She looked slightly disturbed, so I changed the subject. "Soo, 'Natsu, is the surprise, or are you planning something else?" I asked suggestively as I raised my eyebrows at her.
"There is something else, but you'll have to wait till we get to my house," she said decisively.