Chapter 7: U.A. Entrance Exam

Time skip~(1 month later)

"Oh my gosh, this is torture, Ketsumi!!" Hitoshi said as I beat him again at physical combat. We were fighting Quirkless, of course, since I had too much advantage in that department.
"Oh, come on! This is barely training, more like beating your ass!" I exclaimed. "It's not my fault that you're so strong without using your Quirk," he grumbled as he got up off of the ground again. Hitoshi got back into a sparring position, and I let him throw the first punch.
He punched me, and he actually got me this time! "Oh my god, are you okay?!" Hitoshi asked me worriedly as he helped me up. "I'm fine, though that was quite the punch, 'Toshi," I chuckled as I checked my jaw for any damage. If there was, it had already healed by the I stopped checking. "Hmm, probably a fracture, but it's gone now, so let's get back to it!" I said cheerfully.

"Noo, let me take a break...", Hitoshi said almost in tears. "Finee, we'll take a 15 minute break then," I begrudgingly said. I tossed Hitoshi a water bottle. He gulped it down fast. "Slow down, Hitoshi! You'll choke if you keep drinking so fast," I chided him. He slowed down. "Well, I'm thirsty as hell! You're a strict trainer, Ketsumi."
"I have to be, or else you'd just lay down in bed and watch memes all day! You should be thanking me, not complaining! Harrumph." I pouted in annoyance. "Thank you, Ketsumi, for putting up with my lazy ass," Hitoshi said lazily.
"Hah? What's with that tone?! Be more respectful when talking to your trainer, Hitoshi! Do 20 push-ups, starting now!" I said in a riled-up manner. "What about my break?? It hasn't been even 10 minutes yet!" He protested. "Fine, 5 more minutes, then the push-ups. And call me Ketsumi-sensei when I'm training you, Hitoshi!" I said authoritatively. "Yes, Ketsumi-sensei." Hitoshi said in a monotone. He started doing his push-ups, and I was practicing on making blood cats with my blood while watching him.

I was watching Hitoshi play with my blood cat when I heard Hawks fly up next to me and take a perch on the boulder. "Hey, Ketsumi! Whatcha doin' there?" He asked. "I'm manipulating my blood into cats and Hitoshi's playing with my cats Chi and Mochi," I responded. I walked over to Hitoshi and the cats, and I reabsorbed them (the cats, not Hitoshi), since I was starting to get a bad migraine from holding the cat's forms for so long.
"Hey, I was playing with them!" Hitoshi said in protest. "Well, I'm getting a migraine, so I reabsorbed them." I said grumpily. Hitoshi looked guilty. "Sorry, Ketsumi," he said as he looked at the ground. "It's whatever, 'Toshi, let's go home." I said reassuringly.
"Wait, Ketsumi, I forgot to tell you! I told Vlad King about you and your goals of being a hero, and he said that if you pass the entrance exam and get into the hero course, he'll mentor you!" Hawks said proudly.

"Wait, what?! You told the Vlad King, the coolest hero to ever grace Japan, about me?!" I said in disbelief and surprise. "Well, yeah I did! You seemed to be a big fan of him and his accomplishments as a hero, and you and him have blood related Quirks, so I thought it'd be a great idea. Do you want me to tell him that you don't want him as your mentor, and me instead?" Hawks asked cheekily.
"No, no, I'll accept him, of course! If I get in the hero course, that is." I said hurriedly before he could pull his phone out. Hitoshi looked slightly jealous. I noticed, and moved to comfort him. "Maybe Eraserhead might mentor you if you get into U.A., Hitoshi," I whispered in his ear. Hitoshi hummed in response. "Well, we've got to go home now, so bye, Hawks!" I called out as I was leaving the old park with Hitoshi. "Bye, Ketsumi, Hitoshi! And Hitoshi, I'm sure you'll be a great hero!" Hawks said enthusiastically as he started flying away.

Time skip~(later on that night)

After we had dinner with everyone, me and Hitoshi went to our rooms, and I flopped onto my bed. "Oh my fucking god, Vlad King wants to mentor me of all people?? Even though the entrance exam isn't for another 6 months?? What did I do to deserve this? It must be because of my Quirk. Even if it is, I'm so damn excited!! I haven't been this excited since I made out with Chinatsu! I wonder if she's doing okay. Well, I can't keep moping about her when I can't even talk to her, since I don't know what her phone number is anymore, and even if I did, her mom probably changed by now. Oh well. Anyways, back to Vlad King. Eeeeeeeee!!!!! I hope he'll be my teacher when I get in into U.A.! If he is, I'll die of happiness. But at least I'll die knowing that I saw him before I died!" I thought in a flustered panic.