Chapter 8: Meeting Class 1-B, and an old friend

A/n: unless I state otherwise, all povs will be in first person.
Time skip~(2 months later in April)

I rushed out of my bedroom as soon as I realized that I had overslept. I jumped in the shower, cleaned myself, jumped out, finished getting dressed, and banged on Hitoshi's bedroom door. "What? I'm already ready for school, Ketsumi." He said in a deadpan tone. "Am I late, 'Toshi?!" I asked in a panicky tone. "No, you're not, you're actually up early. If we went to school now, we'd be 15 minutes early." Hitoshi said as he went downstairs. I followed him into the kitchen, and I grabbed a piece of French toast that Mikoto had made, and I drank some orange juice. "Well, let's go now before we're late!" I exclaimed as I finished eating my food. I put my sneakers on, and I pulled Hitoshi out the door.
"Hey, you don't have to pull me, 'Sumi, your grip is way too strong!" He protested in pain. I quickly let go of his arm and proceeded to walk normally. He jogged next to me. "Ketsumi, slow the fuck down! You're walking too fast for me to keep up," he said as he ran out of breath. "Then walk faster; I will NOT miss an opportunity to see Vlad King in person as my homeroom teacher!" I said passionately. I kept walking until I was in front of the U.A. logo on the school itself. Looking at it, I was kind of intimidated by the sheer size of the school. But I shook my head, trying to get the depressing thoughts out of my head, and I entered the school gates after showing my school ID.

I was walking around the school hallways, still in awe as I saw second-years and third-years milling about, when I heard a cheerful voice say, "Hello! You look lost; are you a first-year? I've never seen you here in my three years!" I turned around to see who had addressed me, and it was a tall, muscular blonde boy with entirely blue eyes. "Hi! I'm Mirio Togata, and you are?" He asked me. "I'm Ketsumi Chiyama, and, yes, I'm a first-year in the hero course." I said politely. "Wow, I'm in the hero course too! What hero course are you in? I'll show you the way!" He said cheerfully.
Normally, I would be reluctant to talk to some guy older than me, but he made me feel relaxed. "I'm in class 1-B," I told him. "I'm in the B hero course too, what a coincidence! I'll show you where it is!" He strode confidently down the halls, and people literally made a path for him as he walked. 'Wow, he must be powerful if everyone is making a path for him,' I thought to myself in awe. Some people gave me weird looks because I was wearing the male uniform, and not the female one, but I ignored them.
After all, I haven't felt comfortable in female-looking clothing since I was 9, so I haven't worn any for the last 6 years, excluding for when Matron forced me to. 'Wait, is it because my hair is short and I'm not in the female uniform?' I thought worriedly.
'Wait, since when did I ever start caring about what random people think of me?!' I asked myself indignantly. I ran my hand my hair self-consciously.

"Togata-senpai, you're too fast!" I said as I caught up to him a few meters from my classroom door breathlessly. "Oh, that's my bad! I noticed you were keeping up with me fine a few minutes ago though, was something on your mind, Ketsumi?" Togata asked me. He seemed willing to listen, so I felt comfortable enough to say my worries aloud. "Well, I'm kind of worried about how people here at U.A will react to a girl with short hair wearing the male uniform who's sort of 'boyish', even though I've never really cared about what about other people think about me." I confessed. "Hmm, well, I think you need to regain that confidence in yourself, Ketsumi. As long as you treat people how you would like to be treated, I think it doesn't matter how you look or act. Besides, I would be a hypocrite if I told you to follow school guidelines and wear the girls' uniform, when I've worn female clothing myself on occasion," Togata said the last part to me conspiratorially. "Wow, that was unexpected, but you're cool, Togata-senpai!" I said with sparkles in my eyes. "Well, this is me! See ya later, Togata-senpai!" I said before opening the classroom door.