«Chapter 30»

E D I T E D«Jasmin»

E D I T E D
«Jasmin»

"Abraham, let me drive." I sighed, moving my head from the passenger seat window.

"I'll drive by myself." He said, keeping his eyes on the road. I sighed and looked out the window.

"What if washingtons worse than we think it is?" Tara asked.

"Then we turn around." I shrugged. Abraham sighed as he continued to drive.

This is getting really boring.

"Do fire trucks have radios?" I asked, looking at all the various buttons. I sighed and took out my knife, twirling it around it my hands as I rested my head on the window, looking back out at the passing trees and the occasional lone walker.

I felt the knife being taken out of my hands. I shot my head up at Abraham, who carelessly tossed my knife behind him.

"Hey! What the hell?!" I asked, looking for it from my seat.

"Ya keep pointing that at me. Not sure if I can trust you right about now." He said. I scoffed.

"Seriously?! You came into our group. That was my brother's knife! You have no reason to even touch that. I swear to god, if you lost it. . ." I never liked taking Merle's old knife out from my boot. I carry one in each boot. you can never be too careful. I only ever use the old one, this is the one time I've actually taken that knife out in front of people.

"Your brother's fine, no reason to cry about it. He ain't dead, he ain't dying, he's back at the church. He can always find another knife." Abraham said. I slumped back down in my seat.

"You don't know shit." I said quietly.

"Yea? And what don't I know?!"

"My brother is dead you son of a bitch." I said, looking behind his seat for the knife. "I found him shot in the chest and he turned. You don't know shit." He got quiet after that. I looked at my lap, shutting up too.

"Jasmin." Glenn said. I turned around and saw him holding out my knife. "It was under his seat." He said and passed it to me.

"Thank you." I said quietly, not letting my voice crack from the oncoming tears.

"You okay?" Maggie asked. I took a breath and looked at her.

"I'm fine." I smiled. "Rosita, wanna switch spots?" I asked. She nodded and I sat down between Maggie and Eugene in the back.

"What was that?" Maggie whispered.

"This knife is the only thing I have left of Merle. I can't loose it." I said.

"Ugh, what's that smell?" Glenn asked. Abe stopped the truck.

"Let's go check that out." Tara mumbled as we stepped out of the truck, the smell immediately getting stronger.