«Chapter 53»

«Jasmin»

"Dude!" I yelled, jumping up to try and reach the pack of cigarettes Daryl was holding up.

"You're cute. No smoking. I'll beat your ass." He said as he put the box in his pocket. I sighed and crossed my arms.

"What do you think about me drinking?" I asked.

"None of that either. You used to be innocent." He said.

"And you used to not be an asshole." I said. He raised his eyebrows and smirked.

"You love me." He said.

"Yep." I mumbled. I turned around to walk away but he wrapped his arms around me.

"Say you love your brother." He said.

"Jesus, Daryl." I laughed. 

"Say it. I need to know I feel loved." He said.

"You're weird." I said.

"But you love me."

"Yea, I love you. Weirdo." I said. I turned around to hug him and secretly grabbed the box of cigarettes in his pocket. I grabbed them and put one in my mouth but Daryl smacked it away.

"Stop it!" He said, picking it up and throwing the box behind him.

"Ow!" Jake said, holding the box and rubbing his head.

"Oops." He said. "Sorry buddy." He called. I laughed and walked away. Gabriel was in the back, sitting at Macy's grave, praying. It's been three weeks, and I've just accepted the fact that there was nothing I could do for her.

There was a knock on the door and everyone stopped. I looked over to rick and he nodded, taking out his gun and walking to the door.

I had my crossbow raised as rick swung the door open, revealing a guy with his hands up.

"Why are you here?" Rick asked.

"I-I heard people talking and I'm alone so I just kinda came, I guess." He said, his eyes wide at the sight of all of us holding weapons at him.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Christopher. My names Christopher." He said.

"How many walkers have you kill, Christopher?" Rick asked. "And put your weapons down."

"I don't keep count. In the hundreds by now, probably." He said as he laid his weapons on the ground in front of him.

"How many people have you killed?" He asked.

"Just one." He said.

"Why?" Rick asked.

"She was my little sister. I couldn't let her suffer. She was bit. I couldn't see her like that." He said. Daryl got closer to me with that said.

"Can I stay with you guys? You can keep my weapons, whatever you want. I really need shelter." He said.

"How long have you been out there?" I asked.

"Alone? Months. Felt like years. I was with my little sister and older brother when everything started. Since they've been gone, I've kinda just been on my own." He said.

"I'm sorry." I said. "I lost my brother too." I said.

"Okay, look, if you do anything to hurt these people, my family, I will not hesitate to kill you, do I make myself clear?" Rick said. Christopher nodded quickly.

"Yes sir." He said.

+++

"That's Daryl, Rick, Carl, Judith, jake, michonne, Maggie, Glenn, Noah, Sasha, carol, Abraham, Rosita, Tara, and Gabriel." I said, pointing to everyone as I said their names.