«Chapter 34»

E D I T E D«Jasmin»

E D I T E D
«Jasmin»

Over the past month, things here have been amazing. We've been able to rest, we've been eating, and we are almost able to act like we're untouched by the outside.

"Jasmin!" Jacob ran into the kitchen, wrapping his arms around me, almost knocking me over.

"Woah!" I laughed, dropping the knife I was using to cut the food.

"She's attacking me!" He said. I looked down and saw Judith running in, laughing. I laughed and picked her up, bringing her closer to Jacob. She began hitting his legs and giggling.

"She's gonna kill me!" He joked, falling to the ground.

"Dork." I said, putting vegetables into a pot. Jacob and I have been getting closer since that day we met.

Judith ran back into the living room to Rick. I looked back down and saw Jacob still lying on the ground.

"Get up." I laughed. He put his arms up towards me.

"Help." He said. I smiled and grabbed his hands, about to help him up, when he pulled me down on top of him. He smirked once I noticed our faces were really close. I tried to stand up but he grabbed my arms. I looked at his face, seeing he was still smirking.

"You're really pretty." He said. I blushed and shrugged.

"You're not too bad yourself." I chuckled. I went serious as I saw him looking down at my lips. I cleared my throat and moved to stand up again, when he brought his face closer to me, connecting our lips. I kissed back, not knowing if I wanted to or not.

"Jasmin, I heard--" I heard Rick walk in, but stop. I quickly stopped and looked up at him. I scrambled to stand up and I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Hey, Rick." I said. He sighed, walking out. "Rick--"

"Well, that was awkward, huh?" Jacob said. I nodded and walked out of the kitchen.

"Rick!" I called, running up to him and stepping in front of him. "Stop!"

"Jasmin I-" he stopped himself. He sighed, "I gotta tell Daryl." He mumbled, wanting to say something else.

"Please don't." I sighed. He almost looked disappointed. Why?

"Fine. He's gonna find out eventually." He said.

"He'll know when he needs to." I said. "There's nothing to know."

+++

"Jasmin! Come play poker with us." Noah said. I raised an eyebrow.

"Are you inviting me to beat your asses?" I asked, smirking.

"Nobody beats the kings, Jasmin." He said.

"Yea, and that king would be me. You suck at poker, Noah." Carl said. I laughed and sat down at the table beside Jacob.