2

(Warning : Sexual abuse, rape etc.)

T W O

Solange Marie Gonzalez (So, 9)

Detroit, MI

March about 10 years ago ;

I woke up to yelling and popped up, ran to the living room to see Kiana crying under the Island counter and my ma and pa arguing. I grabbed Kiana and dragged her to my room and closed the door. We sat there for like 5 mins till I heard a scream and ran out the room.

I looked and seen my ma on the ground with a black eye and holding her cheek.

"p-pa" I said looking at him with teary eyes.

"GO TO YO ROOM SOLANGE" He yelled. Instead I ran to ma grabbing onto her, my small framed body trying to drag her to the room.

"Baby it's okay" She said holding my cheek with teary eyes.

"Mm no" I said still trying to drag her.

I felt the back of my shirt being grabbed on and next thing I know Im in the air. I started to kick, my pa walked to my room threw my in there and closed the door. Kiana ran to my side crying.

"S-So what's going on" She said looking at me with a quivered lip.

"It's okay" I said hugging her.

20 mins later ;

I walked out the room and seen glass everywhere, our family pictures shattered. I picked up the frame and walked into the livingroom, seen my ma laid out on the floor . My pa nowhere in sight. I ran to her side.

"Ma wake up ma" I said lightly slapping her face.

Her eyes slowly opened and she popped up in a panic, mostly because of my pa.

"Baby go get Kiana and pack your things the important things we leaving" She said picking me up and taking me to my room.

"Kiana get yo stuff" I said crying.

"Okay" she mumbled.

We packed our stuff , and ma came in the room and grabbed both our hands. I heard her on the phone with our mawmaw saying how we were going to her house all the way in Atlanta, GA. We were taking the greyhound bus. Soon as we got on the bus, Kiana was already sleep in the middle I was at the window and ma was at the isle. I stared out the window and felt ma's hand on my chin. She made me look at her.

"I'm gon make sure yall straight regardless beloved" She said wiping the tears that fell down my cheeks.

"Ma why couldn't we be normal, why couldn't he love us" I said crying.

"Baby you can't force someone to love you remember that, love is a illusion" She said rubbing on my face.

"Now get some sleep" She said putting the cover on me.

I turned back towards the window and my eyes slowly shut.

I woke up to the bus crashing into a tree , the inside of the bus was all jumbled up. People injured everywhere.

I seen my mom trying to pull me out from a chair I was stuck under and yelling but the words weren't audible, I passed out.

1 week later ;

I felt someone's small hands shake me, I looked up to see Kiana.

"Wake up please" She said crying but the words not audible.