4

F O U R

Solange Marie Gonzalez (So)

Atlanta, GA

F O U RSolange Marie Gonzalez (So)                                                       Atlanta, GA

Flashback :

I saw the lady that was dead to me for years and years at my apartment door.

"Fuck you doing at my door," I said mugging her.

"Baby I'm so sorry," She said crying.

I just pushed her out the way and went to unlock my door.

"C'mon Kiana," I said holding the door open for her.

She made her way to the door before "My ma" grabbed her arm.

"She's my daughter, not yours" She said trying to drag kiana with her.

"Girl fuck you," Kiana said yanking her arm back and walking through the door.

"Come to my door again and I won't hesitate to kill you," I said mugging her.

"What like you did Martin," She said smirking knowing she hit a nerve.

My hands started to shake and my ears started to ring.

Kiana knew instantly and slammed the door shut taking my hearing aids out.

She rubbed my back and hugged me rocking back and forth. It soothed me.

I went to my room and eventually fell asleep.

3 : 25 AM

I woke up from another nightmare sweating allat shit. I got up and walked to the kitchen. I poured myself a cup of milk and put it in the microwave for a couple of seconds to heat up.

(idk about yall but warm milk helps me go to sleep - miya)

I felt someone touch my shoulder and I dropped the cup, which shattered.

I turned around and saw kiana.

"Hey I was calling you," She said as I read her lips.

"I don't have my hearing aids in," I said grabbing the broom and dustpan.

I didn't have my hearing aids in so I didn't hear kiana coming into the kitchen.

"You okay," She asked.

Looking at her face she was concerned.

"Just the nightmares nun to worry about really," I said leaning against the counter.

"Goodnight tho," I said walking to my room.

I got in bed and drifted off to sleep.

12 : 37 PM