1. Dave is 🥺

(Jack's speech is normal, Dave's speech is bold)

[Set in DSAF 2]

Dave turned around in his bed.

Well, calling it a bed is being generous. If you want accuracy, it's more like a damp, smelly old mattress he found managed to salvage from some alleyway.

He rolled uncontrollably, unable to escape his nightmare.

There he was, his Old Sport, standing there. He was slowly walking away from Dave, close to abandoning him.

Suddenly, Dave shot up into a sitting position, gasping for breath. He put one of his hands where his heart should be. If he had one, it would be beating like crazy right now.

Dave quickly realised that it was all just a bad dream, and that Jack was not going to leave him.

He didn't even notice the tears streaming down his cheeks until he brought his hands up to his face to cry.

It wasn't the first time he'd had that dream, and certainly won't be the last.

Dave cried himself to sleep that night, something he was quite used to now.

THE NEXT DAY

*BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEE-* Click.

Jack groaned as he hit his alarm clock with his fist, his head not even off the pillow yet.

He sat up, stretched his back, and yawned.

He felt all sweaty, he slept really good last night. (a/n: is it just me who feels sweaty after a good sleep? yes? ok moving on)

Jack forced himself to get out of bed and get dressed. He couldn't be bothered to eat breakfast today, after all, even if he could be, he'd ran out of cereal. So, no breakfast either way.

He tiredly took some clothes out of his drawers. A white t-shirt with the words 'LAS VEGAS' printed on and some pretty designs around it, with brown sweatpants and one of those american jackets, in orange.

Quickly brushing his teeth, Jack brushed his short, wavy hair back and put on his trainers. (also putting on his makeup too)

LATER / 12:00PM

Jack strolled into work, feeling much more energetic than before.

He greeted his Matt with the friendliness of a charging bull, and by that I mean he tackled Matt full force to the ground. (this is where doing rugby for most of your childhood comes in handy)

Feeling accomplished, Jack got up and walked to the saferoom, where he can hide for the rest of the day and avoid doing any work!

As he went through the door, he noticed Dave wasn't there yet. Weird. He normally arrives before Jack.

Jack shrugged it off and figured Dave might've just gotten drunk and is dealing with a hangover right now and leaned against the wall.

12:15PM

Phone Guy was busy assuring a parent that Freddy Fazbender's does NOT use dead employee and/or children's meat for their pepperoni pizza when a certain violaceous fellow entered the building.

"Employee!"

Dave sighed, he was too tired for this.