7. Happy Birthday Dave!

[Set in the Bakersfield location.]
[SUMMARY: Everyone forgets Dave's birthday, apart from his beloved sportsy. <3]

[Also forgive me if Jimbo and Ronaldo are out of character, I can't remember the last time I spoke to them in game.]

It's a warm morning on the 31st of October, 1987.

Dave Miller walks into Freddy Fazbender's Pizzeria with an unfamiliar spring in his step, which the phone man working in the dining area immediately notices.

"Employee? You seem... unusually happy today. You didn't kill someone again, did you?" Scott accuses, his tone very skeptical of the purple guy's unexpected mood.

Dave shakes his head, putting his hands on his hips. "Nope! I resisted my murderous tendencies today, Phoney! It's a special day!" He says with a grin. "Can ya guess what day it is?"

Phone Guy would raise an eyebrow if he had any. "It's October 31st. Halloween? Is that what you're excited about?" He says flatly, confused.

The aubergine man's positive demeanor falters a bit, but he keeps grinning. "Well, yeah, I guess." He says, scratching the back of his neck. "Never mind."

Scott sighs, crossing his arms. "Get to work." He says, then walks off to his office.

---

Dave is making pizzas with Ronaldo a little while later, since he spent about 10 minutes searching the place for his old sport. After inspecting every little area of the pizzeria and with no luck, the purple man gave up and decided to actually do some work, surprisingly.

"Hey, Ronaldo? Do ya know what day it is today?" Dave asks with a grin as he's smearing oil that is definitely not supposed to be used for cooking on some pizza dough.

Ronaldo looks up at Dave after sprinkling some talcum powder onto his own pizza (they ran out of Parmesan). "Uhh, Halloween? Did you not know that?" He says, his bushy eyebrows furrowing in mild irritation.

The purple fellow's mood drops slightly more. "Right, yeah. I forgot." He lies, going back to putting the inedible toppings onto his pizza.

The chef just shakes his head and goes back to working.

---

After around half an hour of making pizzas, Dave heads to the boys toilets to take a piss. He spots Jimbo as he's leaving a stall, and goes to ask him if he knows what day it is today.

"Oh shit, whaddup Jimbo?" The purple man says with a grin, which is met with a bored look from the janitor.

"What do you want, creepy purple lad?" Jimbo says, his mop in his hand.

"What day is it today?" Dave asks, leaning down slightly to look Jimbo in the eyes. The janitor raises an eyebrow, then sighs.

"Halloween, yeah, I know. There's been loads  of kids coming into the bathrooms dressed in godawful costumes." Jimbo says, rolling his eyes.

Defeated, Dave exits the bathroom and heads to the prize counter.

Where is sportsy today?

---

Dave walks up to the prize corner, where Matt, the everlasting virgin, is stood with his unsettling grin.

"Hey there, Matt." The aubergine guy says, leaning against the glass counter. Matt turns his head slightly to look at Dave.

"Oh, hello there, David." The purple man's eyebrows furrow slightly in annoyance, but he takes a deep breath.

"Stop calling me David, Matt. That ain't my name." Dave says, crossing his arms. "Anyway, ya know what day it is? And don't say Halloween, I know that." He asks.

Matt blinks (shockingly) and looks at Dave as if he was stupid. "The date is October 31st." He says, confused.

 Dave groans in frustration, storming off to the saferoom. He can't believe nobody remembered his birthday!

Well, it isn't actually his birthday. Dave has no idea what is actual birthday is, he just picked the 31st of October because he'd get free candy. But now he's 41, it's a little weird to ask for free sweets.

If only Jack were here, Dave bets that he'd remember his birthday. But he's not, and the aubergine is left without his tangerine. :(

That's when the saferoom door opens, and there the orange man is in all his glory(?). He's holding something in his arms which is wrapped up with what looks like wrapping paper that was designed for a 7 year old girl's birthday party.

"Hey, Dave!" Jack says with that familiar grin. Dave's eyes light up and he returns the smile.

"Why hello there, old sport." He says. "Do ya know-"

Jack cuts Dave off with a chuckle. "Of course I know what day it is. Happy Birthday, dude!" He says, handing Dave the little present he got. "It's not much, I had to rush to get something."

The purple man tears the paper off of his gift. He doesn't care if the present isn't super extravagant, he's just happy he has one.

Inside, is a bottle of cheap vodka, as well as a gift card for the local kebab store. The aubergine grins.

"Hell yeah, sportsy! This is the best gift I've ever gotten!" In reality, Dave has never gotten a gift. So technically, it's also the worst one, but it sounds nicer to say best.

Jack seems pleasantly surprised by Dave's reaction, since he thought the purple man would be disappointed.

"Oh, no problem, Dave." He says with a sheepish grin, his orange cheeks turning a bit red.

[Idk how to end this so just make it up yourself <3]

-863 words-