forty seven

warnings: kidnap, violence, SA/r*pe (no detail), flashbacks, references to drug misuse and su*cide

forty seven

adira

Adira had got the call from Spencer the previous evening, shortly after he left, that the Jury had reached a verdict and Court would resume at 8 am the following morning. Her dad grumbled about it being early, none of them had had any proper rest for over three and a half years. But Adira didn't care so much about the time, she wasn't going to be able to sleep anyway - so that is why she had set up a little nook for herself in their living room. It was her favourite part of their house anyway, by their big bay window there was a seat, essentially, the window sill. She'd bought her blanket and her phone and had made a nest for herself for the night.

It was currently 2 am.

She was sat with her finger hovering over the call button, as she had been for at least half an hour. Every time she had gone to press it she had talked herself out of it. Telling herself he was probably asleep. She felt like she really needed to take something, not because she wanted to necessarily; she realised addiction was much more complex than a want or need. She felt panicked and out of control - she couldn't stop her brain from rewinding back to those one thousand two hundred and eighty nine days. It would often choose a day or a moment from one of the days to focus on - it had plenty of options.

Adira grunted as she was pushed to the ground, her knees immediately burning as they scraped across the wooden floor.

She cried out as his hand made contact with her cheek. It had barely had time to leave her face before he grabbed a fistful of her hair and pulled her up. She scrambled trying to grab a hold of his wrist to feel some kind of stability as she was lifted off the ground, the top of her toes danced across the floor.

"Please, I didn't do anything!"

He punched her in the stomach. She gasped involuntarily as she felt a large breath travel up her lungs as the wind was knocked out her.

"I could you hear screaming from the truck. Who are you calling to? There ain't no one out there. Scream all you fucking like, no one is coming for you."

She tried so hard to fight the tears but she was so tired. She hadn't slept - understandably so.

"Please, I - I just want to talk to my parents. Please! I just want them to know I'm alive!" She felt sick, she hated how she had to beg.

"Oh they know you're alive." He said, his voice sounded angry, almost jealous.

"What?"

He let go of the fistful of her hair and she fell to the floor.

"Oh they haven't stopped with the pleas for me to bring you home. Begging me to bring their little girl home. But you left, you walked out!"

"What are you talking about!" She screamed, looking up at him from the same position he dropped her.

"You - you and your mom argued, they never appreciated you! You didn't want to be there. You asked me to take you! That - that was the permission I needed. I - I wasn't planning on taking you yet, I - I wasn't ready, I thought that I needed more practise but then I watched you storm out and I knew that y-you were asking me to take you!"

She swallowed the bile that was rising in the back of her throat, "You - you were watching me?"

Everything about him changed in a second; his body language, his expression. He stood up tall, asserting his dominance and he smiled his sick 'I have you. I totally and utterly control you,' smile.