fifty four

warnings: talk of drug misuse + there's no detail of stuff but there's innuendo shall we say.

.

.

fifty four 

spencer

Spencer paced up and down the length of Adira's bed quietly, trying not to wake her up.

"Morgan, I - I need your help." Spencer whispered. He knew he probably didn't need to, Adira was probably going to be out solid for a little while, but he did all the same.

"Okay." He said slowly. "Just for full disclosure, Garcia is sat next to me. So is Emily. And JJ."

"Anyone else?" Spencer said, smiling to himself.

There was a brief silence. "And Hotch."

"Where's Rossi?"

There was another momentary silence. "He's here too."

"Morgan, are you just in the round table room?"

"...Yes." 

Spencer laughed quietly. "Why didn't any of you go home?"

"This is our home, Spence." JJ laughed softly. Spencer heard a chorus of agreement from the rest of the team.

"Besides, lover boy, none of us were in a rush to get anywhere."

Spencer wished he could join in with their teasing laughs but he looked down at a sleeping Adira and he just couldn't bring himself to. He smiled tightly, even though they couldn't see him. Ever since he'd got sober, he felt this uncontrollable need to please people - Kathryn told him it was probably his way of trying to subconsciously rebuild bridges. Not that any of his friends felt he'd ever hurt them, at all.

"Anyway, what'd you need, kiddo?" Rossi asked. Spencer could feel their anxiety through the phone, they had come to dread a phone call from Spencer that started with 'I need your help.'.

He pulled his hand down his face, he didn't want to say too much; the details weren't his struggle to share. But he wasn't really asking Morgan - and evidently the whole of the BAU - for his advice about Adira's relapse, he knew what to do in that respect. He knew what she needed and he felt happy that he would be the one that she trusted to give her that. Instead, he needed their help with the one thing that he couldn't read about in a book, or could draw from his own personal experience, to figure out.

"I - uh, I - how do you - uh." He stuttered. He was slightly distracted by Adira's soft groans and the twitching movements she was making - she was slowly starting to wake up.

"Oh you've got it bad, Reid." Penelope laughed. Her gentle laugh - and the obvious truth behind her statement - made it impossible for him to be annoyed with her teasing.