Resolve

This story is inspired by Tales of the Jedi, my very favourite produce from the year 2022.

"Don't forget, we have to take the harvest over to Mon-Hella tomorrow."

"That path could be dangerous." Ahsoka warned, a sturdy tone to enunciate.

"Yeah but, we'll be fine, won't we..." She hesitated, before persuading herself of the leap, "Master Jedi."

Ahsoka paused, a perplexed expression pervading her cheeks, followed by an assorted thought of dread and fear.

"You shouldn't say such things." She urged courteously, retaining her soothing tone with merely hints of discomfort, though a slightly fiercer pair of eyes accommodated just sufficiently to convey her worry.

"Don't worry, it's our secret." She affirmed swiftly, before dashing as impulsively, "I'll see you ... tomorrow, at first light!"

Ahsoka had her gaze downwards in a meditative mindset, momentarily lifting them to witness her descending form as she perished into the evening abyss.

Reassured, she stepped towards the frame of her cabin door, her thinking still equally in depth. She scampered avidly into this dark void of a thought that gradually consumed her. She dove so exceedingly deep that she barely realised the approaching twinkles of light; a stature, slightly shorter, galloped towards her, until this same figure clutched gruesomely upon her grander form, its hands bracing her back and shoulders, the void erupting into an explosion of stars.

Still bemused, it was the limelight of a lilted voice that truly liberated herself from the confinement of dread.

"Ahsoka!" It sang, pitched high with content.

"Caleb." She returned in a calm harmony, returning to infinitely deepen the embrace, clasping his tot figure, her grasp radiating across his back and waist and shutting her eyes to fully indulge, as she re-positioned her lekku, placing it to rest with his ear, to which the intimacy allowed them to listen intensely to each reverberating pulse, enough for Caleb to hear a plaint that was her concern.

"What's wrong?" Caleb queried with a perceptible look of uncertainty, though was quick to disguise it with a solid smirk.

She sighed softly, "Remember the village daughter I told you about the other day, she's realised my identity as a Jedi."

"What? How did that happen?"

"Well, that reckless village brother overestimated the capacity of a droid, so the cargo dropped onto his sister, where I was then forced to call upon my abilities to rescue her. But it seems that during the process, she realised my actions."

Caleb brooded upon the matter, unable to fathom the facts, with a subconscious expression of fear slowly branching across his face.

"But don't worry..." She assured with a smile, "She promised to keep it as a secret. I would say for now that we shouldn't have to worry."

A pause followed.

"Thanks."

"For what?"

"For making sure that I felt secure." He addressed, "You've always been very good at that, ever since...well, we ran into each other on this planet."

"You're welcome, dear." She teased, caressing his left cheek with the mid-joint bone of her index, to which he blushed intensely.

"You should shower." He suggested, concealing his timidity by staring downwards.

She giggled, "Anything for you, sweetoms."

Stepping towards the refresher segment, she quipped, "By the way, you're thinking so loud that I can hear you. Might want to work on those mind barriers I've been trying to teach..."